Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northern Turantis

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default Northern Turantis

Another personal project. This is for a novel that, over the years, much like a crappy Dodge Dart, has stopped and started, stalled out, sputtered, fizzled, been to the shop and fixed, and finally seems to be road-worthy.

The font is Charlemagne, and thanks to rpgmapmaker for another fine-looking compass rose. The original is in black and white so it'll show up adequately when the book goes to print (hopefully sometime next year); this version is the online one. The size is kind of odd and I'll need to fix it eventually, but for now it's adequate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Turantis2.jpg 
Views:	1242 
Size:	3.54 MB 
ID:	65143  

As always, outstanding composition (landshape itself but also the modeling of the inner space of that land etc.). I see those rectangle-ish trees seem to establish themselves
    If i can, i'll rep you. And have a Like.
    I really wish you'd finish all your open fantasy maps, D! I know, i know...but it had to be said...i failed my saving throw

Edit: Oh and if you're willing to ... can you tell us a bit about the setting and the story you're writing?!
    Last edited by Eilathen; 06-22-2014 at 06:38 AM.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

A fine map Diamond, as usual. Clean, legible and attracting!

I must say there's something about your maps that is appealing to me. Although I'm not as usually fond of the landshape on this one, all the rest : the very good names, the general look and the composition are just a call to use it for gaming !

Any chances to see a map of Southern Turantis soon?

Nice work Diamond! I find the map evocative, especially in the north. The Trollskodr sounds like a foreboding place!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Finished Maps: Skenth - Prints Available!
    Works in Progress: Arinthia - region of Skenth

Need something commissioned? Send me a message!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Thanks, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Edit: Oh and if you're willing to ... can you tell us a bit about the setting and the story you're writing?!
    Sure, I'll share a bit. So basically, the story revolves around a woman from the League who was once part of a warrior cult fighting in the seemingly never-ending series of wars against the Empire. She loses an arm in a battle, is cashiered from the warrior cult, and basically becomes the fantasy equivalent of a homeless war veteran. A few months later she's recruited by a mysterious mage to act as one of his bodyguards, but he has an ulterior motive: he wants to perform a dangerous and rare spell that would magically fuse his own weak sickly body with that of the warrior woman, creating one new being that would be larger and stronger than a normal human, with the mage's sorcerous abilities, and the two intellects basically 'sharing' the body. But of course something goes wrong...

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Really nice map, and the story sounds intriguing! I want to read it now…

the work on fonts and the readability of labels is perfect, pleasant and very clear map!

I really like this one Diamond! As others have mentioned, the font was a nice choice as well. The mountains are great. The trees are a bit different, but I think you pulled it off nicely.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

The map looks very good, and the story sounds much interesting!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast