Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drunk Map

Default Drunk Map

A little explanation behind this one. So I haven't done a lot of drawing over the past year due to stresses at school and other things. However this map you see before you was the one project I worked on, for over 7 months. Obviously forgetting about it and then starting it up again over and over. I call this the Drunk Map because on several occasions I found myself drawing this late at night after coming home from the bars or a party. I would wake up the next morning to see more of the map drawn. I laugh every time I see the Western Sea thing on the Eastern side. Never DRINK AND DRAW! anyway I thought this was worth posting as it belongs to a story I hope to develop one day, and I thought the colors came out nice too.

The Map is of one of the lost tier worlds. A land ravaged by a cataclysmic event over 900 years ago. Almost all knowledge of the world before this cataclysm has been lost to the few surviving Human realms, and the world is filled with great beasts demons and undead and forces beyond human understanding. Isolated from one another the remnants of humanity struggle on. At least that's the gist of things so far. Now if you'll excuse me I have to finish this Long Island Ice tea.

I would like to post the image however it says the upload is too big, and the PDF version wont show up. Ill try again later. Sorry for the meaningless post. <.<

(update) I think I have working now. Sorry the image is all scewy I dont know why that is. I scanned in HD all that stuff. Only when I tried to upload in good quality it would say the file size was to large. *shrug*
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tier World of Morn Jpg.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	65913  
    Last edited by Havercakes24; 07-22-2014 at 07:36 PM.

You must still be drunk a.k.a you forgot the map attachment
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

I got the image to upload finally, . I thought I did attatch it but it never showed. Something is screwy about the size. It says its over 6.7MB which is odd because I have uploaded and scanned an image very similar before. Only it wasn't nearly as big in MB.

If you argue that the distributary labeled "Southern Bend" was named that because it's south of the Iron Golem Mountains, or for some other plausible reason, the map can be oriented to the South instead of the North and the Western Sea will make complete sense. But actually, I'm glad I'm not the only cartographer who ever did that, so... thanks. The map looks great, and I am especially loving your labels! What type of pen did you use for them?
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Name:  Mind blown eric.gif
Views: 559
Size:  564.0 KB Thanks. You blew my mind with the southern band thing The pen I used to draw this map is the pigma/Micron 01 I also used for some of the map the Staedtler Pigment Liner 0.1 early on. The Staedtler is a little thicker and wetter. Both are nice if your trying to draw really small small font, still serve as good illustration pens.
    Last edited by Havercakes24; 07-22-2014 at 09:30 PM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

...Or the Western Sea could've been named that by someone living east of it.

http://i.imgur.com/HNtdD26.jpg Stop enabling my mistakes! and or drunkenness!

Quote Originally Posted by Havercakes24 View Post
    The pen I used to draw this map is the pigma/Micron 01 I also used for some of the map the Staedtler Pigment Liner 0.1 early on. The Staedtler is a little thicker and wetter. Both are nice if your trying to draw really small small font, still serve as good illustration pens.
    Thank you!
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Great looking script and I like your mountains as well. I think the crayon(?) diminishes it a bit though, would be nicer with watercolors, you could just paint lightly over the whole thing to blend the existing colors. I believe also the mountains in the West should be "Humanity's Despair".

thanks and yeah it was done in these colored pencils I've had for a while now. I have no experience with painting, but I have been then thinking of switching up the look. My maps do have that crayon look about them at least when I do color. Are you referring to the black smears over the mountains? that was graphite and then smeared with an eraser. Also yes lol there could be a drinking game in of itself for the punctuation errors, dont forget "The Plauged river"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast