Thread: [CWBP2] Plot 002 - (WIP) - Aqsarniit

Default [CWBP2] Plot 002 - (WIP) - Aqsarniit

I finally started the map!

Aqsarniit: Land of the northern lights

Is a large island in the northernmost reaches of the world, the last inhabited realm before the world of ice. The islands was first settled hundreds or perhaps thousands of year ago by a group of people that occupied most of the northern coasts, ion the continent in the south. Today, this culture has disappeared almost everywhere except in Aqsarniit.

The island is know by explorers as a place with very strong Polar Aurora, thus giving it's name.

The people living on the island are hunter gatherers. They tend to live in small villages along the coasts. They are less than 10 000 scattered on the island.

The island is isolated form the mainland. The climate is mild at best during the summer and cold in the winter. The growing season is short and the ground is almost always frozen. Only small plants and grass can grow on this land, even in the south. During the summer, the lowlands quickly turn into green plains. The fauna of the island is made of small animals, large colonies of birds, and is the reproduction area of several other species like seals and walruses.

*The culture is inspired by the Inuit people.

to be continued....

Now, the map:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aqsarniit copie.png 
Views:	204 
Size:	850.1 KB 
ID:	71667

I'm not sure what level of detail is better for the water. And I'm not sure what I'm going to do after that with the ocean.

I don't think I've seen this manner of water depiction before. What do those curvy lengths represent? What is the dense concentration of them to the NW of the island?

I used 3 different densities for testing. I'm not sure which one I should use.

The least dense one looks best to my eyes. Maybe you could also try adding some darker blue curves into the mix?

Hehe I prefer the denser one myself. Adding dark curves seems like a good idea to experiment with though I think.