Thread: Activision Call of Duty - freelance map gig

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Activision Call of Duty - freelance map gig

Looks like a third party contracting firm for the video game industry is wanting me to create maps for a tactical guide book for Activision Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. I would be doing maps for the tactical book and possibly for the game itself. I would be the secondary illustrator on this project, doing primarily maps. While this is indeed a freelance gig, I would be required to fly out to Los Angelos to speak with the authors and developers prior to the start of any project, then return home to do the maps. Interestingly the art director for the contracting firm found my maps on G+ and contacted me about the position, rather than me contacting them about a possible job application. They found me.

I've never done video game cartography before, though I cannot imagine it being much different than what I do for tabletop RPG publishers - aside from specific scale, resolution and file formats. This could also be a door opener for other video game company cartography work.

I look forward to see how this pans out!

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 07-25-2014 at 07:17 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations