Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tinker Widow's WIP

Wip Tinker Widow's WIP

Alright, SeerBlue, since you seemed to like my map objects, I've begun experimenting with the Tinker Widow's home for Snapgallows. Now I know she is not one the 7 families, so she's not rich, but I was wondering, if the dining room below is too extravagant. I would think a "grandmother" type would be proud of her dining room with her finest flatware on display.

Still the dining room in the sample is quite small. The room here is just a setting to place the dining room objects.

So what do you think? Should I go a different way? Should I use a stone floor instead? This looks "grandmotherly" to me! Got cut Echinacea in a vase on the leftside end table.

Oh notice the small wood rectangles on the left and right side walls. There are supposed to be frames for paintings/portraits. Two windows are on the north wall - sill, glass, and panes visible.

I need to add silverware, a sugar bowl, some light source (oil lamp) on the second end table on the right side of the dining room entrance.

GP

PS: I'll need the FHCO's approval before I move forward!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dining-room.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	588.2 KB 
ID:	6117  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 08-22-2008 at 02:47 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

WOW!, that is so amazing, I know I love it, but I will have to wait until tomorrow to have the FHCO look at it, it's almost 2 am here now, and they are sleeping.
    I am sure they will love it though, especially the Echinacea, the look is perfect. Carol's Mom has seat cushions alot like those so Bumblemouse will be happier than a bee in butter.
    Now I have to get off my butt and finish typing up the tell that goes with it. Work has slowed me down a bit, or age perhaps, but that fires me up to get er done!
    SeerBlue
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

Nice Willow wear.

It's official, the FHCO's think it is moighty Fick, the plates are a big hit, they are quite enthralled with the detail on them, they picked out the cupola, bridge and stream real quick.
    They really like the whole look, and are looking forward to seeing it grow, and I now work with the perfect grandmother type for a pic, if she will let me take one, she is in her 70's and out works most folks, including me, easily.
    SeerBlue
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

Wip First Floor Plan

Glad to meet their approval!

OK, here's the main floor plan. I created a couple extra rooms, not sure what they should be, and thought the FHCO might have some ideas.

I'm thinking this house is built on the slope of a hill, where the east or right side of this is the bottom of the hill. Thus the cellar/tinker shop is really at ground level, while the front door on the west/right side is 1 story higher ground.

The second floor will be attic-like with sloped ceilings of the roof above. Somewhat of a Cape Cod styled house.

I will begin to furnish the rest of this floor, before I move on to other floors and the eventual ground plan.

I plan to place an outhouse near the back door!

Oh, I plan to make light sources be wall-mounted oil lamps with glass covers.

WIP so far...

GP

Name:	tinker-widow-labeled.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	965.9 KB 
ID:	6126  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very cool GP!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Wip Next Update!

Next update - started furnishing the Pantry, Kitchen and Living Room.

Since the widow's husband was a tinker, I thought he had been experimenting with ducted heating from the cellar furnace to rooms without a primary heat source. So that vent on the floors of the dining room, and two side rooms are thus equipped. (The pantry should stay cooler so no vent in there...)

I usually create castles, dungeons and other dark settings. I wanted to play with a relatively mundane home - so that's why I'm attempting this map. As well as wanting to participate in the FHCO project in a small way!

In retrospect, if I changed some of the furnishings, this would make a great fantasy tavern map.

GP

Name:	tinker-widow.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	894.0 KB 
ID:	6149  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 08-23-2008 at 08:15 PM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Looks really lovely, GP - I really like the flagstone floor. Just one point though, the house looks well posh considering it belongs to a tinker's widow! Presumably she has some other means of support to afford such comparative luxury?

I should let GP answer, but Lemur and I were looking at the Tinker goodness just now, and so, since we wrote the tell which GP is doing such a wonderful job of bringing to life, we'll jump in.
    The widow is endowed with the FHCO's creation of the Silent Voice of Yelping, and is quite powerful and talented with it. She can work metal and minerals as well as stone, so she earns a nice bit of coin endowing the things she repairs or makes with special properties, like never dull shears, never snap plows and so on,,,,,or that is how it goes in the FHCO realm. Originally it was so the FHCO could improve their stuff and learn about cost and value,,,,as in understand coin in Snap and relate it to the real world,,,namely when I take them shopping. And to show that women are also important parts of society who can fill non traditional roles (as it were said by one FHCO that "makin thins is for guys, cookin thins is for girls")
    She does it under the radar of the Seven Families, mostly for the opposing group , the basically good folk, or Good Sorts, who are in Snap to counter the influence of the Seven Families. Hebbie sends a good bit of work and coin her way, as does Cagil and Nope, when they need something extra special.
    (I really got to finish transcribing the tell, and polish their pdf)

She is also known to be the one to turn too if the plow you bought off of the back of a Carter's Wagon late one night, after a few, or six, too many Ales, breaks the first time you cut turf with it.
    Leaving you plowed, plowless, and penniless, with your four Cask Belly Hammers which pull your plow, fat, happy, and headed down the rode to Threeways,,,,
    As she is quite the charitable sort. Or that is where she found herself appearing in the tale of the Mid Harvest Fest....(which is typed, ooh wee), and grew from there.

She takes in work, closes the door to the shop, does her yelping, and then makes a racket to have it sound like she does it in the traditional manner....

That's basically it. In the world of Snap, if you were a good sort, had some coin, you could upgrade the old sword that fits your hand so well just by visiting the Tinker's Widow...

Ohh yes, Lemur says it's very pretty, verrry, verrry pretty.
    SeerBlue and Lemur

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast