Thread: Post-Apocalyptic/Post-War battlemap

Default Post-Apocalyptic/Post-War battlemap

I don't create too many modern-ish maps, so I thought I'd do one. I just created a Post Apocalyptic/post-war battlemap. I created a 3D utility truck and 2 telephone poles. Rather than include a building, I created a primitive defensive position with chain link fence, rubble and dirt dikes - perhaps this is held by a marauder group or survivalist colony. Except for the 3D elements, everything was created in Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 9.

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post-apoc.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	66022
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Nice work ! I like your map
    Nyogtha
    RPG's Blog : "Le Parchemin de Nyogtha"
    http://medievalshop.com/parchemin/

Great looking! I can see by the shadow work you have bars/frame for tying off equipemt in the back of the utility truck, but the coloring doesn't show them off at all which seems a shame when you took the time to model them. Does the rendering program you are using have the option for ambient shadows? That or coloring them differently would really help bring out the detail you've already included on the truck.

I'm not sure what went wrong there, the 3D renderer does shading fine normally. I didn't notice that issue... hmmm.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations