Thread: Looking for the right-fit cartographer for my new fantasy trilogy (time sensitive)

Post Looking for the right-fit cartographer for my new fantasy trilogy (time sensitive)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Erendon1.PNG 
Views:	57 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	70265

Think of this as a contest/try-out (all legitimate submissions will be paid, see below):

Using the attached image as a concept, please create a map using the following guidelines:

1. Dimensions: 5in X 8in, landscape orientation
    2. Black and white in a traditional "fantasy novel" style. I like maps similar to those used in Brandon Sanderson's "Stormlight Archives" and Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time". I encourage artistry in both landscape and font.
    3. While towns and some land features should remain about the same in relation to each other for story purposes, feel free to play with things like shoreline, rivers, etc. The only land features that need to stay are the mountains in the north (which isolate the peninsula from other lands), the cliffs on the west coast, and the forest in the west.
    4. Produced to professional standards. The image must be complete, and ready for print.
    5. File format can be JPG, PNG, Adobe Illustrator vector image (or any vector format Illustrator will read), or PDF. Regardless of the type of file, it must be able to embed into a PDF file for printing (I use Adobe InDesign to create the print files for my books).

I will pick the most appropriate cartographer to continue on with the full world map and other maps to include in my series "Gods of Sun, Earth, and Moon". Regardless, every cartographer that submits a legitimate map will receive payment of $25 via paypal. A bonus of $25 will be awarded to the one I choose to publish in addition to an agreed upon rate for the remainder of the maps in the series. Any maps that do not meet professional standards of quality will not be paid. I will not pay for frivolous submissions or those that do not meet the above stated guidelines. I will notify artists immediately upon receipt and review if they do not meet the guidelines so there will be no surprises on the 5th. I am the final judge of whether the maps meets my standards, but I will be fair and I am not afraid to pay for your work.

This "trial" map will need to be submitted no later than February 1st. I will choose the published version by February 5th, at which time, payments will go out for the first 10 submissions (further payments for any submissions beyond the first ten will go out later due to budget limits). Once the "winner" has been chosen, we can discuss your rate for further maps.

I would like reproduction rights to the map chosen for the project. All other artists who submit will retain full rights to their work.

Please send submissions or questions to
    info--at--pencastlebooks.com (remove --at-- and replace with @)

You can find more information about me at nickmarsdenauthor.com, pencastlebooks.com and facebook.com/nepharid

This request has been taken.