Thread: July 2014 Challenge: Invasion of the Void Barbarians

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Wip July 2014 Challenge: Invasion of the Void Barbarians

This illustrative map depicts an event called 'The Nightmare'. Imperial sorcerers were experimenting with the remnants of an old and long race in an old tower-like structure. During one of their experiments they opened a gate to an unknown region. Through the gate they could see a dark, silent and bleak landscape and they called it the 'Void'. Soon after the gate opened strange creatures with three arms emerged and started to kill the sorcerers and the guards. The creatures, which didn't seem to speak and acted largely in silence, began to kill every human they got sight of, started to burn libraries and destroyed every book and music instrument they got in their hands.
    Only after a hard struggle and many battles the coalition armies could fight back the barbarians and finally sealing the gate in the now called Tower of Doom.

Done with pencil on paper and coloured and detailed in PS. A last minute entry, as I had the idea a few days ago. Luckily I found the time to do it.
    Regrettably, my inability to draw a convincing human figure shows also in this piece, maybe I should have gone for some fantasy creature, too.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Invasion of the Void Barbarians.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	2.83 MB 
ID:	66065  
    Last edited by Sapiento; 07-29-2014 at 06:08 AM.