Thread: Island Nation Map For D&D Campaign

Help Island Nation Map For D&D Campaign

Hi all,

My name is Matt. I'm currently DMing a few games which utilize a game world I have developed. Unfortunately I have the cartographic abilities of a boulder and my attempt at a map is feeble at best.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-07-30 at 7.07.41 PM.png 
Views:	155 
Size:	902.9 KB 
ID:	66166

Basically I'm looking for one of you talented artists to redo this map from scratch. Unfortunately, funds are a bit tight for me at the moment, so I won't be able to guarantee payment, but if the map turns out as good as I hope, I'll be doing my best to put some money aside for the artist.

There are a few alterations to the existing map that I would request but those can be discussed should any of you be kindhearted enough to take on this potentially pro bono job. The changes would basically be in distances between cities and towns and adding some forests.

I don't have any specific time constraints, but obviously the sooner I can get my hands on your no doubt wonderful map the better.

Honestly, as far as copyright goes, I'm somewhat naive. Obviously the credit would go to you, the artist/s, but beyond that I don't know what more I need to say. Basically what I'm looking for is unlimited not for profit use.

Beyond that, let me know if you have any questions.

Best of Luck in All Your Endeavors,
    Matt

EDIT: Feel free to contact me at mkerr.matthew@gmail.com
    Last edited by mkerr; 07-30-2014 at 08:23 PM.

Hey Matt,
    Just noticed this post. I don't yet have the technical skills to improve your map much. But I am curious: What is the intended use of the map? Just as the setting of a campaign with your friends, or something more? I usually use the galleries here to give me ideas or use as the basis of a D&D campaign with my own group of friend. If it is just for personal use, it does strike me that as I was searching the galleries this morning that their are dozens of island maps. You might want to find one that is similar to what you want and asks the artists permission to use it. If you upload their map into photoshop, your could pretty easy change the names of the cities and slightly modify your story. I'm sure many of the artists wouldn't mind you using their map as long as you credit them and it is for personal and non-commerical use. But make sure you get their permission before you make any changes to their work and of course don't try to pass it off as your own.

Hi Jheap,
    As of right now the plan is to use the map for my local game and maybe at some point include it in a campaign setting guide book which I would offer online for free. Unfortunately, the stories which use this map have progressed to such a point that the land has become an integral part of the narrative so using a different map just wouldn't work well. Thanks for the idea though!

Hey Matt!

I'd be happy to take a stab at your map if no one else has taken you up on the offer yet. Just post back or ping me on Skype if you're still interested

- KB