Thread: Scanner Recommendation

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

Question Scanner Recommendation

Not software, but it does come with software That and I couldn't figure out a better spot to ask this question.

My multi-function device decided it no longer wanted to be a scanner. Meh, fine, it was a pain to use anyways because it hated Windows 7 x64 with a passion. But now I need something to scan in my hand drawn maps. I don't do color work, but it needs to be decent because of my painted black and white maps I do. Currently I'm looking at this scanner: Cannon LiDE 110. 2.4k x 4.8k DPI should be good enough for scanning in maps. Any thoughts on this, or different scanner suggestions? My budget is a hard line at $100, though lower cost is better.

Hey languard, I was using an Epson Perfection V33 which was doing a pretty good job on hand drawn pencil and ink maps and artwork. $88 or so on amazon.
    I just got an Epson WF-7520 which is awesome. It does cost more but check this... scans up to 11x17 inches and prints up 13x19. Actually of you manually feed the paper it can do prints of 13x40 I think. It has been doing a very good job for me and the large format stuff is so great. I used to have to scan a large page 2 times and stitch them in photoshop. This is so much better.
    V33 - Amazon.com: Epson B11B200201 Perfection V33 Photo Scanner: Electronics
    WF-7520 - Amazon.com: Epson WorkForce WF-7520 Wireless All-in-One Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer, Scanner, Copier, Fax (C11CB58201): Electronics