Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding some Space

Map Adding some Space

After silently reading the forums and snatching useful ideas for more than a half of a year I finally decided it was about time to show some maps of my own.
    Sorry for cyrillic: they were used for a PbF game played in Russian.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arn_full.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	66184

Name:	Lyss_full.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	2.73 MB 
ID:	66185

Name:	Kaemira_full.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	66186
    Last edited by helvene; 07-31-2014 at 07:59 PM.

Those are cool! Can't read them, but they're really well done. One thought, perhaps, is that they could use titles for what each overall map is focused on. That third one in particular is especially intriguing.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Thank you for your kind words!

The titles used on a global star map describe them in terms of stellar classification (Stellar classification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - we were trying to keep as close to actual data as we could), it's mean temperature, mass, radius and luminosity compareв to solar.

The first planetary system map only lists a number of moons each planet possesses, and approximate populated for the only inhabited planet. Star data is thу same as on global map.
    The second planetary system map is a bit more detailed, with planet type, radius, mean density and moon numbers listed for each planet.

The background is awesome: the colors, the stardust, the asteroids... delicious and magnificient. Congratulations!

Out of curiosity, for what game were these star maps used? Very impressive work.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Three awesome maps in one post... Welcome to the guild !
    Everything is very well done : background, design, elements... all appealing to me. Don't hesitate to post more of your work!

Thanks everyone.

Gamerprinter, these were made for a custom-written setting. The third one depicts the whole human space, a so-called "Star Chain", showing interconnections between it's elements. The first and second are maps of the 13th and 11th "Chain links".

Quote Originally Posted by helvene View Post
    Thanks everyone.

Gamerprinter, these were made for a custom-written setting. The third one depicts the whole human space, a so-called "Star Chain", showing interconnections between it's elements. The first and second are maps of the 13th and 11th "Chain links".
    OK, a custom setting for what game - Traveler, Eclipse Phase, or some other game I don't know about? I don't play too many sci-fi set games, but I am familiar with some and have played a few. Amazing maps these are (as Yoda might say)!
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Gamerprinter, now you're leaving me a bit puzzled of what exactly you're inquiring about. We've been using GURPS 4ed for game mechanics and referring to Traveller Tech level tables (which are way more detailed), but aside from that I cannot link it to any other game published. I hope that answers.

Mmmmm spacey! These are great. Well done and welcome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast