Thread: Wanted to share this.

Default Wanted to share this.

So, I DM a game of DnD, and one of my players is Jonathan Roberts, who many of you know as the guy that drew the Game of Throne map set.

Now and then, he likes to do isometeric drawings of the various encounters. Tonight was the encounter with the big bad boss guy.

Here is the map Jon drew of the encounter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wulgreth_Aug2014.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	183.8 KB 
ID:	66336

He's done several of these so far. Another player always does a write up of each session, recapping it. It has the makings of a neat book for the end of the campaign.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected xpian's Avatar
    Golden Gate Park Panhandle, San Francisco

As one DM to another...I'm SOOO jealous.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Having talented artists/writers as players is probably very rewarding (and possibly a little intimidating).

Quote Originally Posted by Djaii View Post
    Having talented artists/writers as players is probably very rewarding (and possibly a little intimidating).
    My whole group counts as that.

One of the other players is an award winning, top end illustrator. Another is the Art Director of Tor Books and co-publisher of Tor.com, and the other two work for Tor books and Tor.com.

And we play at the Tor offices. It's like total geek out. I was friends with the AD, when she needed someone to cover the art assistant who was taking a 3 month leave. I've worked in publishing, so she asked me. While there, the idea of playing came up, and I agreed to run a one shot adventure, but then everyone wanted to continue, so it turned into a campaign.

I've never been keen on having an office 9-5 job, but I would totally take a job at Tor. It was pretty awesome the time I worked there.

I love the sketch style. I assume the texture on the paper was added to a scanned document in PS, is that correct?
    Cheers,
    Cuin

----------------------
    on instagram at cuin_the_cartographer

Quote Originally Posted by Cuin View Post
    I love the sketch style. I assume the texture on the paper was added to a scanned document in PS, is that correct?
    That is correct.

here is another one.

Name:	sketch-JR.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	66409

and here is what our game actually looks like.

Name:	TorDND.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	155.8 KB 
ID:	66410

I guess this should have been posted in General Discussion. Not sure why I clicked on finished maps.

hehe, that's exactly what the skilled dwarf of the PC team will draw when exploring the dungeon Very well done!