• Invasion of the Void Barbarians by Sapiento

9 40.91%
  • The Hurnic Horde by Diamond

11 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: *** July 2014 VOTING: Map a Barbarian Invasion ***

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default *** July 2014 VOTING: Map a Barbarian Invasion ***

Okay folks, it's voting time again! We had some really great entries this month even though some of us didn't finish (coughcoughDiamondcough).

Here are the thumbnails of the entries:

July Thumbnails

Please vote for as many as you'd like, and don't forget to rep those you feel are deserving. Voting will last for THREE days, and the winner gets not only a shiny gold compass, BUT ALSO a $20 Amazon gift card! I'm hoping there's not a tie, but in the event that there is, I will probably give each winner a gift card.

Good luck!!!

Diamond Apparently the Cough Cough was too vague a hint. I really liked your map but the border really grated on my eyes. And of course I couldn't vote for it as It wasn't finished ! Looks like you might be giving the gift card to yourself.
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Nope, like I said, if I win it (which I really shouldn't you guys, given that I didn't finish my entry), the gift card will go to the runner-up.

Another of those difficult choices, but a last in this one I have found my favorite.

All of the maps are great, but in (almost) all of them I found a tiny little flaw that made me chose another one. So in my own personal view...
    ... Diamond's is the most perfectly done. Symbols and fonts, textures, colouration, composition... he just is a great artist. I even like the border. But it is not finished.

... Distriction's has the best idea. If one map really captures a barbarian invasion... it is the one made by the barbarians! I just find that the style is more childish than barbarian. Sorry, I'm one of the dumiez.

...Francissimo's is the most optically appealing. Here also, the technical and artistical expertise is obvious. But while all of the elements in this map are just about perfect in themselves, I find the composition of the different styles inconsistent. (But I just have to try this ocean texture sometimes.)

...Pryme8's is the most ambitious. I hope he will finish this project... from what can be seen now, it will be awesome. But in it's current form, it is not enough to vote on.

...Sapiento's... well, it is another Sap-Map. What more can be said about it? It is gorgeous! And that fantastic background story...! But here for my taste the figures (Gods, I wish I could draw like that!) are too dominant for that map.

So this month just for once I can in good conscience vote for one map.

The Northmen are coming! For me, it is the map where everything really fits together.

Well okay then. Congratulations, ah... me.

Thank you all for taking pity on me and not making me shell out two or even three gift certificates, which could have easily happened! Fabio, PM me the email where you'd like your gift sent, and I'll get it right out for you.

Congrats to Diamond and thanks to everybody who voted/repped had a kind word for me. Competing it's been a great learning opportunity and, above all, a pleasure as always.
    I'm leaving for my summer holidays, but I'm eager to enter new competitions on my return !

Congrats Diamond!

Have a good vacation Fabio!