Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: July/August 2014 Lite Challenge: Anthropos Iohanan

Thanks guys. The mountain style was a new one for me. I liked it and will try to further develop it.
    Ilanthar - yes, some may be difficult. The original is about twice as large. I may try to go back and see if I can get them more readable today.
    I always appreciate any helpful input.

I am also trying to put up the background info today if I have time.

The rivers & mountains are very well done.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Looks good. Some labels are hardly legible though. Maybe trying some outer glow on them will solve the problem. Also some junctions betwwen rivers and tributaries looks off, you might want to check them

Max - can you elaborate. How do they look off? If I understand better I can try to fix them.
    I am resizing text as we speak and was adding some glow as well.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Sure Take a look at this you' ll see where are the problems.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	junction  issues.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	3.25 MB 
ID:	66385

As per suggestions I did some changes to the text and tried to fix what I think Max was talking about with a few rivers.
    If anyone notices anything else let me know.

### Winner ###

Name:	Anthropos Iohanan - presentation 2a [edit].jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	4.67 MB 
ID:	66386
    Last edited by ChickPea; 08-28-2018 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Added Winner tag

Thanks Max. That was what I thought you were talking about. Done.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Wow. That is really beautiful. Great choice of font/sizing; it doesn't detract or distract from the map itself at all.

Thanks Diamond.
    And thanks to all who have viewed, liked, commented and repped. I really enjoyed the process on this map.
    I thought this was a good challenge topic.
    I had said earlier that I would put up some info and place names. Here it is.

Anthropos Iohanan, greek for the human man John
    I chose Greek and some other languages because of my love for antiquity, history, world culture (both ancient and current).
    My love of myth and legend lead me to choose Greek as the basis for most names on this map.
    Thus the progress from Chronos [time] through Logos, Ethos, Egos, Arthos on toward Psykhe.
    And through the Psykhe to Oneiros [dream] which is a large part of my journey through life and existence.

Included in the lands of Dream, Oneiros, are names that have had an influence on me. Robert E. Howard and H.P. Lovecraft
    who both knew and wrote to each other. Both created fantastic dreams and visions of other places that had similarities but were vastly different.
    The writings of both have had a lasting impact as have the works of ancient Greece and Rome.

Lord Dunsany naturally follows as he was a great inspiration to Lovecraft and the whole Dreamlands concept. He is listed
    as an influence for so many writers in the fantsy genre as well as other genres.

Astronomy has also been a big part of my life and so stellar names drop in as well. The significance of stars in this map
    is noticeable from river and place names on up into the great Stella Maris beyond the land of Dreams.

Many of the river, land and city names are representative of important concepts to me. Trees, stars, language, history,
    philosophy, literature, imagination, dreamlands. As such, in a small way this map represents me, so far as any map could.

Attached is a list of place names in the map along with their origin and rough meaning.

Name:	List for Anthropos Iohanan 01.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	564.3 KB 
ID:	66449

You put a lot of thought and introspection into this one! And I like the map.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12