Thread: Introductions

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Introductions

Greeting community!

An introduction in brief. My name is Josh. I live in the northwest, in Washington State. I Am a map-O-holic. I am enthralled with the fashioning of worlds and cultures and all the accompanying constructs represented in mapping what one sees in the minds eye. I love map making and all kinds of various artwork. I am always looking to improve my skills, and am impressed with many of the artists involved with the guild. I am hoping to rub elbows, network, and in general enjoy and participate in this wonderful cartography community... maybe some of your all's skills will rub off on me.

The dream: one day it would be nice to make a living (or support a hobby) in a creative way through art and writing and such, as many of us likely dream, and also many of you do. I am interested in collaborations and any other projects, as well as just enjoying the fun of a shared enjoyments of art, maps, and worlds of fantasy.

Below are two recent maps, in draft form, which I have been working on. Both are posted here at very low resolution. Map 1 is almost complete, but I am revising the map key and the Name Plate. The second map is in very early stages of development, but heralds from the same imaginary world as the first.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Draft Map 001.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	66298 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Draft Map 002.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	812.3 KB 
ID:	66296

Love to hear everyone's comments.
    Greetings again and thank you,
    Josh H
    Last edited by Josh H; 08-05-2014 at 01:03 AM.