Thread: My first map - The Kingdom of Haven

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map My first map - The Kingdom of Haven

My quick story:

Been working on a design doc for my imaginary RPG here and there over the years. I get burned out, move on to something else, move back in, rinse and repeat. As the pages continue to climb I decided I should map out my lands. That's when I stumbled upon this fine site. A couple of tutorials later and I was on my way. This site rocks and I'm glad I've found a group of people that share my enthusiasm for fantasy maps! I know I'm not the only one that has drawn the occasional treasure map growing up.

Anyway, on to the map:

Lots of learning went on here. I've never drawn or labeled a map like this before and I learned a lot of Photoshop tricks in the process. I feel like I struggle with my aesthetic sense especially when it comes to the overall balance of shapes and colors. I want to improve these skills. This map was created with a Wacom using generic fonts in Photoshop. I welcome all manner of feedback.

Haven does not represent the world I have been working on, but rather a generic fantasy land that we can all relate to. It has a varied topography and it stands as a self-ruled and neutral continent apart from the surrounding world. Though beautiful, Haven has its share of perils that ensure adventure-seekers are never without purpose.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	finaltest2.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	2.76 MB 
ID:	66462  
    Last edited by Nick B; 08-11-2014 at 02:15 AM. Reason: New Map