Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carto brushes - caterpillar ridges and train tracks

Ilanthar - That's excellent about GIMP. I'm glad they worked in there.
    These brushes have a setting for pen pressure. I use a pressure sensitive screen so that is why the sample shows the size variation.
    If you are just using a mouse or having it follow a path it won't have that effect.

Love the caterpillar hill brush, but I'm having trouble reproducing your examples in Gimp 2.6.12. How do you get the lines of the brush to remain perpendicular to the path? When I use the brush to draw a circle, say, all the lines have the same orientation (north-south, say).

Tuomo - It is a setting in PS under brush settings>shape dynamics>angle jitter>direction. I am not sure how that differs in GIMP. I will have to install it and check that to be able to give you a better answer. I assumed these PS settings would be the same in GIMP.

Edit - from some looking around it appears that GIMP, Krita and some of the other free software do not support all of the brush features/settings that are present in Photoshop.
    It sounds like they are trying to implement some of them but with difficulty. I will keep checking to see if I can give you any more clarity on this issue.

I am looking for similar lines but for illustrator has anyone built such a thing willing to pay real money or paypal!

Hey Allaykat. I don't know if anyone has made similar for Illustrator.
    I have Illustrator but do not use it often so am not familiar with what it would take to turn these into something like that for Illustrator.
    I have a number of commissions I am working on at the moment or I would attempt it.

thanks for reply, I like the sound of commissions I come from the sign industry, and I usually call them pieces, but commissions do sound alot more like you love what you do and are getting paid to do i!

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Hey J., these are indeed the ones I used for the moat for the town map of Seagard. Thank you for creating them, they really cut down the time I had to spend on that part of the map.

No problem Wired. That's what they're here for my friend.
    I'm always glad to see them in use. And glad to know they're helpful.
    Cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12