Thread: Spelljammer custom beetle ship

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Spelljammer custom beetle ship

So last week I posted an armored fighting vehicle built inside the dessicated husk of a giant beetle - here.

Some Spelljammer fan on my G+ community suggested that the beetle craft would make a cool Spelljammer vessel. So I am giving that a shot, with a 2 deck plan for a military assault vessel (for perhaps a new Spelljammer race). So far I've got the lower deck configured, but not furnished. This is the crew deck and bridge, since the head of the beetle is at this lower level and where the captain's bridge is located. The top deck will be the weapons and flight deck, as I plan to install three of the armored flying beetle fighting vehicles at the center aft of the ship with weapons platforms surrounding it, maybe a retractable weapons turret at the front. Because the beetle ship has legs, I'm thinking this is not only a Spelljammer ship, but a crystal sphere surface walker. The 3 smaller craft are scout vehicles that can also fly and walk.

Here's the lower crew and bridge deck, only partially furnished... (a work in progress).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beetle-spelljammer-ship.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	393.9 KB 
ID:	66445
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 08-11-2014 at 01:51 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations