Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Somehow all the threads sound the same here... so: Hello! =)

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Info Somehow all the threads sound the same here... so: Hello! =)

Hello you all!

My name is as it says on the account, I'm from Germany and currently amazed by all the work here. Inspiring stuff all over the place was probably the reason I wanted to be here and I hope with some future work I can amaze you as much as some of you did with me.

Currently I'm an Illustrator for some German RPG publishing companies. Parallel to this I'm working on an own Pen-&-Paper-RPG on my own. Rules are there, most of the fluff text is done and betatesting began. For this I'm also working on a map (about 594 × 841 cm / 24x33 inches) in Photoshop. It doesn't look like much in gray, but I ensure you a lot of work you can't really see was already done (climates, forest-locations, streams, tectonic activity, etc.). Gray areas are the land, white for seas. It will come in colors, here a little preview in the attachments. Hope I get this done in the near future. I'm very excited!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DinA1_Weltkarte-(Kanten,-Flüsse,-Wolken).jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	66466

If you want to know something particular, just let me know here =)
    Best wishes, Steffen
    Last edited by SteffenBrand; 08-11-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Ah, almost forgot: I also made a dummy for the RPG cover. The used picture isn't made by myself, but will be replaced in the final image. It somehow hat all the colors and mood I was going for, so I put it in just as a placeholder.

Left: Back
    Middle: Back of the book
    Right: Cover (the symbol behind the text will be advanced with more symbols in a circle in the final version)

Name:	Einband-Idee.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	175.4 KB 
ID:	66467

Hope you like it =)

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteffenBrand View Post
    Hello you all!

My name is as it says on the account, I'm from Germany and currently amazed by all the work here. Inspiring stuff all over the place was probably the reason I wanted to be here and I hope with some future work I can amaze you as much as some of you did with me.

Currently I'm an Illustrator for some German RPG publishing companies. Parallel to this I'm working on an own Pen-&-Paper-RPG on my own. Rules are there, most of the fluff text is done and betatesting began. For this I'm also working on a map (about 594 × 841 cm / 24x33 inches) in Photoshop. It doesn't look like much in gray, but I ensure you a lot of work you can't really see was already done (climates, forest-locations, streams, tectonic activity, etc.). Gray areas are the land, white for seas. It will come in colors, here a little preview in the attachments. Hope I get this done in the near future. I'm very excited!

Name:	DinA1_Weltkarte-(Kanten,-Flüsse,-Wolken).jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	66466

If you want to know something particular, just let me know here =)
    Best wishes, Steffen
    Are the similarity with real worlds shapes intentional?

Partly, yes. I got this a few times, you were probably thinking 'ah, Great Britain'.
    This started out more or less like an accident and took form from there.

Hey Steffen. It's Inkman from DA. I'm surprised you weren't on here already.
    Nice coasts. It does look very Great Britain.
    You might consider a bit larger size image. If people can't see much they may not comment.
    Also, without anything to indicate water/land the black/white scheme, while visual striking, will likely confuse people.

(Insert standard welcoming comment here)

You book cover is really good

@J.Edward: Actually - you made me aware of this forum ;) I'm actually surprised I haven't encountered this page before... I mentioned you in my first comment here. I'll post a larger version of this when it is more advanced (and not only huge chunks of gray & white), but it can take a while; currently I'm swamped with commissions and the deadline is lurking.

@Azelor: Thanks, happy to hear that =)

That's so bad of me. I didn't look at the cover art before. Very nice work on that.
    Haha, see I missed that reference too. Today's been a rough day.
    I'm glad I could bring you over here. It is a great site full of great people. Even more so if you're into mapping.

Hello and Welcome. That's some cool looking wip you've posted - I look forward to seeing how it finishes... and to whatever you come up with next (because I just realized you did that wonderful line art map I found this morning).
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

I didn't forget you all, I'm just very busy these days. Here is some little update for all the line art enthusiasts. Hope you like it - LINK. =)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast