Thread: Symbol Search: Mine Rail Tracks and cave stuff

Default Symbol Search: Mine Rail Tracks and cave stuff

Hi everyone,

ive been searching for mine cart tracks for a cave i am building for my next game. Seems all i can find online are either real tracks or some from minecraft

does anyone know of a set i could get that might have good elements in it ex: straight, curves and cross section. or even broken tracks
    i'm not exactly looking for free i don't mind paying if for a set that has all i might need.

Some spider webs would be cool too

There is a great set on the DundJinni Forums by an old member Cecil. The thread is 7 pages long and there are different sections on all of the first 5 pages, so make sure you look at all of them.
    Here is a link to the post. Dundjinni Mapping Software - Forums: Rails old

And here is one of them to get you started.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rail_old_curve_join.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	246.8 KB 
ID:	66478

Ohhhh! those are awesome. looks like im going to do some cave work tonight

Thanks a lot Bogie!

You're Welcome, I'm looking forward to seeing the map.

Here is a link to a dwarven mine by Tintagel that might give you some ideas. http://educatedgamer.net/gallery/dis...p&cat=0&pos=32
    Last edited by Bogie; 08-12-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Not as refined as those, but I've made a Dwarven Mine with ore cart rails several months ago...

I use Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 9 which lets me create shapes (the wood base for tracks) to create a "brush" so when I draw a line, a series of rail supports show up instead. Then I draw a line that is narrower than the rail supports line, convert line to shape, remove the fill, make the outlines into 2 point lines, convert those lines to shapes then apply a shiny grey metal texture fill - now I have rails over my supports. At least that' how I did them. Though I did put some detail into rail switches and such.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dhur-naal-mine.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	66547
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Oh i like the idea of the underground river with the bridges a perfect place for something to go wrong