Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broadleaf Lodge Re-map

These look awesome. I'm gonna have to use them in my campaign.

Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	broadleaf-hall-03-Plain.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	75452

Here's a 'clean' and printer-friendly copy that people can use for their own notes and to hand out to players. I've uploaded the other floors with and without numbers to my flickr.

Have Fun with them.
    -Green Pilgrim
    Larger copies of my maps located on flickr and can be used for your enjoyment.

I wanted to get a feel for how this building would look in 3-D so I tossed it into Sketchup and came up with these mockups. I assumed a 4 foot door for scale and extrapolated it out based on the map images. Once I added in the front wall the 'courtyard' looked so tiny that I would put this place inside a city or town.

Name:	sketch-broadleaf-floorl-01.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	926.6 KB 
ID:	75463

Name:	sketch-broadleaf-stories-01.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	408.9 KB 
ID:	75464

Name:	sketch-broadleaf-wall-01.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	367.1 KB 
ID:	75465

-GP

What do people think of the perimeter curtain wall idea? It would give some privacy but it really closed off the front of the building

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It makes more sense with the courtyard wall from a security and privacy point of view I think but yes - it would definitely work as an urban dwelling.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

I absolutely love the fact that you're making these "generic" for use in a variety of settings. Thank-you for that. I went looking for a map that I could "insert" into my own campaign, and found it really difficult to find something I wouldn't have to significantly adjust in Photoshop to for my own uses. Making that choice just makes your work so much more functional for some people.

Not that I don't absolutely LOVE maps with labels (they are incredibly inspiring, descriptive, and facilitate their use when one can use them as is), but I just find them to be less flexible. I checked your flickr account, and it looks like you do all your maps that way. I just wanted to say thank-you, as a desperately lazy DM, for making my job even easier. And my players thank-you, too, in absentia.

@Coreyartus You're very welcome. I figure that if I can make one version of a map - it's not too difficult to make a DM/Printer friendly version too so others can use it. I am always curious where my maps end up and how they're used. So if I said that room #1 was a Foyer and they call it something else, I'm curious how they arranged the rooms differently.

Good luck and I'll keep posting!

-Green Pilgrim

Guild Journeyer

Regarding perimeter wall mock-up, I think some of the 'closed' feeling comes from the unbroken blank walls. Once some other elements are added, like the windows in the main structure, the entry door/gate in the outer wall, and the small corner tower, I think it will feel much more open. If it still feels 'closed' you could try lowering the height of the outer wall, or changing it to be more visibly permeable, possibly like a wrought-iron fence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12