Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Planetary Colony Tiles

Wip Orbital Shuttle

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Your rate and quality of production is unbelievable GP!
    Strange, but Lord made almost the exact same comment in my Dungeon Tiles thread for this month's challenge.

LOL, no sweatshop, or rather I am both the slave-driver and the Chinese cartographer immigrant women chained to the computer terminals. I am the sweat shop! I prefer to be thorough, whenever possible, and I like being complete with a project. So unless I'm working to death (as am I doing) and see the end result on the horizon - I would never finish the huge projects I place before me.

OK, I was bored, so instead of a Colony Tile, I decided to create the small orbital shuttle craft (to park in my Class A Starship Repair Center.) Note, the rear ramp door is down in this object.

The Tiles are all JPGs - this map object is a 200 ppi transparent PNG object.

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shuttle.png 
Views:	1086 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	6228  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Great stuff GP! I love seeing the break away from fantasy stuff.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Wip Next two tiles!

After thinking about the living quarters I've already provided, I thought, "shouldn't planetary colonies be inhabited by families?" In this vein, I created a family unit module - a bit better than an efficiency apartment, but barely so. Still its quite habitable, compared to the barracks styled quarters already provided.

Tomorrow, I plan to upload the "elevator any floor" and "elevator top floor", as per Stahd's request. Hopefully I'll have the Small Lab and a Hydroponics Chamber ready as well. And soon to follow the Infirmary.

First Tile is the family unit module.

Second Tile is a duplicate of the Repair Facility with a Shuttle being repaired.

GP

PS: I intend to maintain this clean look throughout this set, but I'm already thinking of a sequel - Rimworld Outpost. I'll dirty things up with lots of rust, corrosion, cracked concrete, old parts and systems - yet still very much for a Sci-Fi setting.

Name:	colony11.jpg 
Views:	528 
Size:	618.3 KB 
ID:	6237   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colony10.jpg 
Views:	517 
Size:	791.2 KB 
ID:	6238  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Praise Wow...

just wow... don't know what else to say. these are fantastic!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

wunderbar!!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Wip Elevator Tiles.

OK, not so exciting of tiles as far as the set goes, but Stahd requested elevator top floor and one from a lower floor, so that's what these two tiles are. The top floor simulates the Star Port and public level.

I'll start working on small lab and hydroponics center next, then the medical facility. Need to think of more exciting Sci-Fi scenes for tiles - from the great movies...

GP

Name:	colony12.jpg 
Views:	533 
Size:	933.5 KB 
ID:	6252   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colony13.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	864.4 KB 
ID:	6254  
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

How about some kind of machine/repair shop, or an observation dome?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post Dome - gives me an idea!

I'd think the Starship Repair shop, has small connected shops for machine repair, but your observation dome gives me some ideas... Steel General!

1. Observation dome to look at surrounding areas of colony structure - your idea.

2. Telescope or similar technology to view surrounding star systems.

3. Planetary Gun pointed at the sky - located in its own inside chamber where the roof opens up for orbital assault.

Keep giving me more ideas - this really helps!

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

How 'bout an Illudium PU-37 Space Modulator?
    http://www.angelfire.com/pa/lkmarvin/Sounds/MARVIN1.WAV
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Post Link didn't work for me.

Sorry, Ascension, the link didn't work for me, but then that was a WAV file, and I don't have speakers on my PC...

Anyway, I got some better ideas now. Since this is supposed to be a generic space colony tile set, I don't want to cater to one kind of possible alien world. Note the family module sits in a desert or moonlike terrains. What if this was a colony on an ice world, a water planet, an airless moon - I really have no idea of the intended use by a given GM for this tiles.

So, I thought I'd create some of the next 4 - 6 tiles as "Points of Egress" to various types of worlds... on a water planet a contained submarine portage for a submarine colony, on an iceworld snowcats or contained snowmobiles near a snowy entrance, and a train or subway station for something like Toff's venus railway map!

Enough talk, hopefully I can get a tile or two finished before the nights over.

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast