• Sweetshire - Meriba

7 38.89%
  • Metatoad -Waldronate

5 27.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voting for July / August Lite Challenge - -"Go Map Yourself"

Default Voting for July / August Lite Challenge - -"Go Map Yourself"

This months challenge was to create a map that somehow represented you. We got some great entries with very diverse and creative ideas on how to do that.

Voting will last for three days. Ending about Midnight Sunday. Check the Thumbnail Scrapper to see all the entries and please Vote for your favorites.

You can vote for 1, 2 or 3 entries.

Don't forget to REP all the ones you like, even if you didn't vote for them.

Diamond will be starting the next challenge soon, please join in the fun and participate in the Challenge.

Here is the THUMBNAIL SCRAPPER to checkout all the cool maps. Cartographers' Guild - Current Lite Challenge Thumbnails
    Last edited by Bogie; 08-15-2014 at 12:03 AM.

Lots of original entries this month, congrats to all the cartographers! I've voted for J edward's entry, to me it is both technically (amazing mountains and rivers) and visually (nice color choice) very good. I would have vote for the metatoad too, because the idea is cool and you feel wilbur is here perfectly mastered, But you could have worked a bit more textures and colors after wilbur, my feeling is that you haven't spent a lot of time on that map (apology if i'm wrong!)

Quote Originally Posted by Francissimo View Post
    my feeling is that you haven't spent a lot of time on that map (apology if i'm wrong!)
    I spent almost several hours on that map! Admittedly, most of that time was looking for clipart of flies (the original border was supposed to be flies, but I accidentally started typing in the wrong font and the Webdings swashes looked way better than the flies that I could find). The shading on the terrain is actually the second hardest part of the project, because it's not something that you can get directly out of Wilbur.

Well metatoad got my vote .

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    I spent almost several hours on that map! Admittedly, most of that time was looking for clipart of flies (the original border was supposed to be flies, but I accidentally started typing in the wrong font and the Webdings swashes looked way better than the flies that I could find). The shading on the terrain is actually the second hardest part of the project, because it's not something that you can get directly out of Wilbur.
    Really sorry for my misinterpretation! it's just that you're such a master in wilbur that i wrongly assume the map was only done with it. About the metatoad itself i find both the idea and the realisation very good!

Quote Originally Posted by Francissimo View Post
    Really sorry for my misinterpretation! it's just that you're such a master in wilbur that i wrongly assume the map was only done with it. About the metatoad itself i find both the idea and the realisation very good!
    Compared to most of the folks in the challenge, I expect that I really didn't put much time into it. Your estimation was exactly right.

Voting ends tonight, Last chance to get your votes in!

Don't forget to REP all that you like even if you didn't vote for them.
    Last edited by Bogie; 08-17-2014 at 09:06 AM.

Banned User

While I don't think my "map" was particularly competitive, I do wonder why it is not in the thumbnails shown by the link above. Did I do something wrong in how I posted it?

Chick - I think it was because your post didn't include the ### LATEST WIP ### tag thing.
    I checked your thread and it looked like Bogie fixed it but it still doesn't look like it's showing the thumbnail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast