Thread: Seria - Masters of the Flame

Map Seria - Masters of the Flame

I've not been active in a long time so I'm wanting to try now. Currently I'm worldbuilding this is Seria the first country I'm fleshing out I have a bit of the history done and I'm starting to develop cities and landmarks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seria Hand drawn.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	619.5 KB 
ID:	66612

Are the rivers to scale with everything else? If so, just how large (or rather, small) is this place?
    If the rivers aren't to scale with everything else and are shown larger for visibility, I think it would look better if they were presented with constant width (with the exception of the deltas where they'd likely widen, and possibly the headwaters where they'd taper). Though rivers do tend to widen as they flow, this widening would be almost imperceptible at small scales. Or rather, the width with which most rivers have to be drawn simply to be visible on small-scale maps makes them wider than they are in "reality".
    Speaking of deltas, your rivers appear to get narrower at their deltas rather than wider.

Are the islands at the top related to a separate landmass from the big one here? They seem rather randomly scattered relative to the large landmass, but are arranged in a line that would seem to link them. I don't expect you to think about the entire geological history of your whole planet if that's not something you're into, but you should think about at least the visual relationships/continuity between your various islands and continents. For example, mountain ranges that run towards shore will often continue into the ocean as an archipelago (real-life example: Aleutian Islands in Alaska).

Ah thank you for your feedback. I didn't notice about the rivers I'll fix them when I get back to my computer. I knew my islands looked silly for some reason I'll fix them.

Okay I've spent some more time on it and I've changed it a lot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seria Drawn.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	524.8 KB 
ID:	66693