Thread: [WIP] Hideout of the Wolf-Spider Clan

Wip [WIP] Hideout of the Wolf-Spider Clan

My third map that I've been working on using some of the tutorials I've learned here. Not sure what I think of it yet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HotWSC.png 
Views:	546 
Size:	635.2 KB 
ID:	66655

I've done a little more work on this one based on some recommendations of some mapmakers I know.

Name:	HotWSC2.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	662.0 KB 
ID:	66684

The first one I was told that while good there was too much background fill that took away from the interior.

Name:	HotWSC3.png 
Views:	224 
Size:	658.1 KB 
ID:	66685

The second one I was told that the interior objects needed to be darkened a bit and I also added in a sepia-like overlay and removed some of the non-cave grid.
    Last edited by Niven81; 08-16-2014 at 08:12 AM.

I like both the top and bottom versions. It would be much more useful in a larger-HigherResolution version, if possible.

Thanks a lot, Bogie! I would if I could but I actually did the entire think at that size to begin with.

Looks like you've been following the tutorials pretty good! Keep at it

Vellum

Interesting. I prefer the top image, which, if I'm understanding your comments correctly, is your first effort.

While the lightened background makes the tunnels pop out more, I think the top image has a more finished look about it, and the lighter interior objects actually make a more subtle statement.

Having said all that, I am completely unskilled in making maps, so make of it what you will!

your map is great! i want to use it in a adventure, for a caves fully of monsters!!