Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Keep on the Shadowfell battlemats

Nice work!

My group just entered the Shadowfall keep itself and these maps will make things so much easier. Trying to build the whole map with just dungeon tiles and my terrible drawing skills did not work out too well .

Thanks for the making these maps.

I just finished choppping these up with Posterazor and printing them then slicking them all together to make full sized maps, they look AMAZING. Thanks for your work.

One thing I had a problem with though was that it seems like after 1-3 you switch from 120dpi to 96 then 72 so I had to make some adjustments in Posterazor to compensate so they would print out in proper scale, I only wasted 25 pages before I discovered this

Thanks again, love your work.

I keep forgetting to check the module, but is there a map in it for the final encounter and if not, so you have any plans to create one?

Guild Journeyer

Hmmm. I thought all the links were to 120 dpi. My bad.

No, I didn't do any of the encounters that came with printed battlemats, and don't plan to do so. In actuality, I ended up not using the maps I made, opting instead for building everything in 3D using Worldworks terrain

Quote Originally Posted by loydb View Post
    I ended up not using the maps I made, opting instead for building everything in 3D using Worldworks terrain
    Can you snap a photo of our 3D terrain? I'd like to see it.

Guild Journeyer

I'll shoot some of the actual dungeon next time we play (monthly). Here's the waterfall encounter area:

That waterfall is the coolest thing I've seen all day

Guild Journeyer

Thanks! The players really like the 3D. Worldworks makes some incredible terrain.

I'm working on a 3D Winterhaven build for our game in March or April.

These mats will be seeing some use in my game over the next few weeks. Thanks a lot for making them available!

Since I use MapTool at the table, I did some Photoshop work to combine the entire first level into one image and reduce the resolution to 50 pixels / square.

Here's the composite image, and have some rep!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shadowfell_keep_composite_level_1.jpg 
Views:	1975 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	11808  
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Guild Journeyer

Very cool!

I have to say I really like these maps, great work. I am sure the gang will Love them when I start running this module in a few weeks in FG2

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast