Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [CWBP2] World Map and Plot Listings (get yours now!)

This is my claim in Gold relative to the other existing claims.
    My nations title is The Black Republic of Pasenova.
    Capital: Pasedina. Language: English & Ebonic Dialect.
    It is a predominately black nation, so the culture is like that
    of America except with black people.

If there is any reason for me to create a smaller claim, let me know.
    I do not want to disrespect any ones thread by breaking their rules.
    Other than that, maybe a flag soon. Also, a timeline in on the horizon.

Thank you guys. Newbie here!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	402.4 KB 
ID:	66823  

The area you have designated there, in just land alone is 3,564,504 square km (minus a little due to projection). If it was just a block of land and nothing else it would be a box 1887 km (1172 miles) per side (887 km or 551 miles larger than our maximum suggestion). It is a truly enormous area to map, and roughly half the size of the lower 48. My suggestion is to map such a country state by state, or start with something like the 13 colonies and expand from there with new plots after finishing the first. That would give you plot sizes more consistent with our guidelines.

Ahh, yes I realized that in another thread with the same World XD
    I don't think I fully comprehended the massiveness of the continent.
    I might have to relocate. I was wondering why the other claims were so miniature.
    I will relocate, thank you for your quick response.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	383.9 KB 
ID:	66825  
    Last edited by jon123454321; 08-22-2014 at 05:24 AM.

Blog Entries

As promised, I will try to maintain a map of the world with the mapped plots in them - although I would advise that you make your own version of the whole map in case I am not around to take questions etc. But my software makes this job a little easier than doing it more manually so it will probably help.

There is a slim but outside chance I will take a plot at some point but I will certainly wait till everybody else has taken all the popular ones and try for something nobody else wants to tackle.

Oh and I would like to wave my hand and vote for a hope that you can come up with a correct scaled grayscale height map in addition to the current one. You can do a huge deal of automated work with one of those !

I would also recommend that when you come around to starting threads for these plots that you decide on a thread naming convention for it. There was some scripting done last time to build dynamic indexes of the plots by scanning the forum for them. But of course it only works if everyone names it in a consistently defined style - say CWBP2 - Plot 3 - The Black Republic of Pasenova. Now whether we can implement those sorts of scripts again I am not sure, but its certainty that it wont be possible if its all looking like random thread titles.

I did some rough greyscale for a test patch and for seeing the watersheds but because it's not actually a gradient it's not too realistic. I'll see what I can do once Azelor has finished the fine work on the height map.

I've now asked people to use a naming convention in the first post of "CWBP 2: - Plot # - (WIP) - Thread title" in the main post, hopefully that will work, if not tell me how to alter it for ease of use.

As for plots it's not exactly a gold rush, I wouldn't worry about waiting till everyone gets theirs. Just grab a plot if you feel like mapping it.

Agreed, you don't have to wait to grab some land Redrobes.

I think the naming convention should just be : CWBP2 - Plot # - Title
    and I'm not sure that we need two threads, 1 for the wip and another for the finished map. It's possible to edit the first message and put the final map there.

and finaly, I just wanted to say that I updated the climate and biome map. They are not 100% definitive but the changes are not going to have a large impact. The two most important reference map are the elevation and the biome maps and possibly the black and white landmasses but it's actually the same as the elevation map.

Well it allows one to figure out at a glance at the title what's going on in the thread. It makes finding information easier for people. Also it allows people to put WIP's in the WIP supforums if they want. I don't see a reason to alter the WIP thread to post a finished map instead of posting a finished map thread.

They don't have to alter it either, they can just put the map in the last post but it's easier to find if it's in the first message. Also, the least threads we have the easier they are to find.

Ah I see what you're aiming for. I prefer to know at a glance whether the thread is WIP or finished or whether it has to do with information as opposed to maps. If people are opening a thread in order to learn about plot x they don't want to wade through 3 or 4 pages of WIP discussion to get what they want. They just want a map of the plot and any information included. If people want help with their map they want a WIP moniker and so do the people looking to help others or watch maps as they develop. This is part of the reason there is a finished maps subforum and a wip subforum here at CG. It doesn't make sense to me to have it otherwise, having WIP's and Finished leads to more threads but it is clearer what they are about, it is also easier to manage the clutter which occurs naturally since the threads are clearly labeled. If I want to have a post linking to finished maps in the front here, it is far easeir for me to just look for tags than open up every thread searching for a post that says they are finished.

The reason for triple digits is because of the way computers organize numbers, nothing else. I figured it might be easier if someone tried to organize a computer for searches or scraping or whatever later on as Redrobes suggested.

(this machine has no in browser spell check )

We still don't have a sub-forum. It would be easier if we had one but my 2 requests to admins are without a reply.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12