Thread: New hand drawn map

Wip New hand drawn map

So I just started this new map and thought I would craft a WIP thread for it. Right now it's just a creative outlet and has no connection to any game, background, or story. Yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-08-20 23.05.46.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	752.7 KB 
ID:	66808  

Good start...I quite like the shape of the main land mass in the north...

Here is an update I've also jotted down some artistic embellishments for future reference when the geography itself its done.

Name:	1408648570060.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	66812  

Quote Originally Posted by syris View Post
    Good start...I quite like the shape of the main land mass in the north...
    seconded

Stephen, you're a man after my heart LOL I've got very little ps/gimp etc skills so all my stuff is hand drawn for the most part. Do I detect a Bermuda triangle there in those islands Nice start

Vellum

Almost. I will post an update later this evening. I'm putting in nautical lines at the vertices of the triangle. Doing artistic things whilst I explore different forest styles. I tried CS6 once and ultimately decided that I much preferred pen and paper. While I can learn the skills of digitizing maps, I enjoy the feel of the paper's texture as I trace with pencil and nib.

Wip

Here is the latest update on the map. I think it's really shaping up. Please let me know what you think of it, and what your opinions are. I enjoy reading any criticisms you guys have.

The southern jungle is a new style I have never drawn before nor have I ever used the individual tree style for the far northern boreal forest. Also I had intended to have a thin strip of jungle along the coast on the southern continent, but decided to instead make the whole of it dry and blasted with lite to no green vegetation.

Right now it looks like a nice terrain map, and I am on the fence about putting in a political scape. What do you guys think? Should I put in a few cities and nations?

Name:	2014-08-22 16.06.19.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	569.7 KB 
ID:	66838