Thread: New Fantasy Country map for D&D Campaign

Help New Fantasy Country map for D&D Campaign

I am running A D&D Campaign next Saturday, so I would like a Fantasy Country Map created for it.
    Here is some information about the world:
    The Country itself is an island split up into:

Himdah (Capital), Fusshein (Military Quarter), Fahluzok (Agricultural Quarter), Noksenovul (Political Quarter), Yuldik (Economic Quarter), Himdah needs to be in the middle, I don't mind where the others go.

These 4 Quarters of the Island are then split up into Regions: Ilid’War, Sam’Kini, Umose (Military Quarter). Tantai, Randan, Turs (Agricultural Quarter). Hinen, Ildage, Certher (Political Quarter). Elduss, Rilek, Garss (Economic Quarter). There is also a small Island off the side of the the main Island, but I have already got a map for that.

Within the Region of Turs I have already named the Towns/Cities of: Goraxiros (Small Village in Turs), Feyerlun (Capital of Turs), Uroturim (Small town in Turs).

If about 4 villages, 3 towns and a city could be placed in each region, that would be really helpful

This requires quite an experienced Cartographer to complete.

Thank you for you time!
    Last edited by SneakySquid; 08-22-2014 at 06:12 AM.

By next Saturday you mean tomorrow or the next week?

By quarter it seems you are talking about the capital districts, or something similar. Otherwise I don't understand why you have a whole 1/4 of the country made of politicians. 1/4 of military people, that's more than in North Korea and they have a stupidly large army. They can't even feed them correctly.

Experienced cartographers generally do not work for free, and even if someone is willing to do one for free (or some other kind of compensation is offered), expecting a finished map by the weekend is not a reasonable request. Like you, we have busy lives and need incentives to work for client requests. Really even if a publisher was doing the asking and offering payment for the work, expecting a map in a couple days is not reasonable - and most cartographers could not complete a professional map in that time. Some could, but they don't work for free. (We, cartographers, aren't sitting bored waiting for someone to ask us to create a map for them.)

@Azelor - while I don't necessarily understand what the OP specifically means with "one quarter military, etc." having a military quarter does not mean everyone there is a soldier. I know that on any military base, there is a large population of civilian workers, and many soldiers are married with families all living on the same military base. So a military quarter would never mean that everyone there is actively in the military. Also including a military industrial complex - private companies creating weapon systems and all the support processes necessary for maintaining a military are almost entirely composed of non-military personal, could be expected to coexist in a region determined to be the "military quarter". So I could see a huge population of non-military in a military district, even saying that only 10% of the people within a military district are actually soldiers, but all people within directly support a military branch one way or another. I think this is what the OP means, though I could be wrong. (Also, look at Switzerland, if you are an able-bodied citizen in Switzerland, you are in the military, so arguably Switzerland has more soldiers per population than even North Korea).

To the OP, even though I am a professional and experienced cartographer, and could probably get a regional map done in the time you're asking, I generally never do maps for free (not even for myself, because I will potentially "sell" every map I create, as content for books I write, games I design or as standalone map products). I don't have the time for your job, however, so I'm not offering my services. In fact the client that I am about to do work for is making an unreasonable request (20 - 30 maps in a little over a months time) except they are paying well for the priviledge and its an opportunity I can't pass up (the client is Activision video game company and the job is creating maps for their tactical guide book for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, their upcoming November release.)

In the end, unless your a big company offering lots of money, or can provide some other reasonable incentive, I doubt if you'll get your map request completed in the time that you need if at all.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 08-22-2014 at 12:42 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    By next Saturday you mean tomorrow or the next week?

By quarter it seems you are talking about the capital districts, or something similar. Otherwise I don't understand why you have a whole 1/4 of the country made of politicians. 1/4 of military people, that's more than in North Korea and they have a stupidly large army. They can't even feed them correctly.
    This is a Feudal System. The Sectors are split up for the production of the certain thing. Military Quarter: Weaponry, War Horses e.t.c. Agricultural Quarter: Food, Military Supplies e.t.c. Political Quarter: Propaganda, Political personnel e.t.c. Economic Quarter: Finance, Bank Personnel. The Emperor who runs it is extremely regimented. Or it could work in the Capital of the District, this is an idea I am developing slightly over the Week

I mean by next week (not two days, I know nothing about Cartography but even I know that is a ridiculous request)
    Last edited by SneakySquid; 08-22-2014 at 03:07 PM.