Thread: My first map

Post My first map

This map is partly based on a real road, Hwy 129, in North Carolina. And this is my first map. I don't own a tablet, if I did, I am sure my trees would look nicer.

"tail" is in American Uncial. I have a few publishing programs on my computer ( a Dell) and don't recall when I got this font or it's source. Probably a default font with Microsoft Home Publishing or maybe even Art Explosion, a scrapbook application.

Same for the other for "Tapoco", it is called "Matura MT Script Capitals."

I like your colors, they work nicely enough. I do find it odd that the Great Smokey Mountains don't have any mountains on them while the border between NC and Tenn does. Still, looks fine overall.

I agree about the lopsided landscape. I am getting ready to start a bigger map #2. I also have my eye on a Waco Pen tablet - the Bamboo.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I like the colors too, kinda looks like green and orange sherbet ice cream. Interesting.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal View Post
    This map is partly based on a real road, Hwy 129, in North Carolina. And this is my first map. I don't own a tablet, if I did, I am sure my trees would look nicer.
    The greatest road on the east coast, for a bike rider at least

That map hurts my eyes a bit, so I am working on a new one. Wish I had more time to play but work and family duties call...

Jgerman, you might like my movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc8hRJ8UDNE