Thread: Lithdor Wastes - WIP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Post Lithdor Wastes - WIP

OK trying something a little different here. Here's a little background...

The Lithdor Wastes was once a lush region filled with numerous small streams and rolling hills covered with small groves of trees. During the Gods Fall Wars a terrific battle took place here between Chyronn (God of Chaos, Storms, Destruction, etc.) and an unknown member of the now fallen Seldarine (Elven Gods). During the course of the battle the landscape was devastated leaving it an area of blasted, barren rock, sandy wastes and crags.

** Because of the scale some of the details are tough to see (even zoomed into 100%), but here's a rundown on what can be found on the map so far. **

1) Fortress of Silent Death - The headquarters for an elite group of assassins (don't have a good name for them at the moment) dedicated to Barakkis (God of Murder, Violent Death, etc.) and led by a dragon. The fortress is located atop a promontory near the center of the map, and is connected to several outpost towers (one located just south of the main fortress - more to be added) via a vast underground network of caverns, etc.

2) Dragon Lair - Located in the northeast portion of the map is the lair of Vyrkrastyvan, a Sand/Yellow/Desert dragon who is a devout follower of Barakkis and controls the assassins. His lair is connected to the caverns below the fortress, but the route is filled with various pitfalls, traps, etc.

3) Neksuta Village - The Neksuta (basically a cross between orcs and sand people from Star Wars) have a small village in the heights to the NW. They are a relatively peaceful people but will defend their territory fiercely. The are subservient to Vyrkrastyvan and his assassins out of fear. The travel the wastes on giant six legged lizards which the breed for numerous purposes.

4) Caravan - In the southeast a small caravan made up of 3 camel-drawn wagons and a group of Bolladon's (a large, reptilian beasts of burden - this is not my creation, I got it from the Dundjinni forums) travels toward the fortress.

So as always C&C is welcomed and any additional ideas for items and/or features that could be added is appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wasteland-WIP.jpg 
Views:	514 
Size:	3.60 MB 
ID:	6234  
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.