Thread: Be a part of the resurrection of my childhood homebrew D&D world

Default Be a part of the resurrection of my childhood homebrew D&D world

Hello everyone,

As you can tell from the subject, I have an old D&D world that I roughly sketched out, about 16 years ago. I spent a good chunk of time detailing one part of the world or another, writing an adventure here, or the description of a town there, and then promptly forgot about the whole thing. The debut of 5th edition has rekindled my desire to get back to a homebrew setting, and I figure nothing would serve as a better introduction to a group of players who have never seen the setting before than a nice, colorful map of the world that stands before them.

The world is made up of three continents, each of which (for ease of use) is roughly the size of the continental US. My initial sketches were done on 8.5x11 loose-leaf paper, and I have not a single drop of artistic flair in my body, so I will be counting on you to make my teenage scrawls come to life. I am particularly interested in the final product looking like an explorer's map ("My liege, I have circumnavigated the globe, and return to you with this illustration of lands both savage and noble!").

As for the deliverables, I am looking for both a labeled (political/natural) and unlabeled final digital version. I am trying to keep the project under $150, but would be willing to throw in extra if you are able to provide a physical copy of the map as well - an aged parchment that would look nice when unfurled on a table and then affixed to said table with a dagger.

If you're interested, please let me know, and I can provide you with the sketches for further discussion. Many thanks!
    Last edited by HawaiianDry; 08-25-2014 at 11:36 PM.

I'd like to take a look at your sketches, though I'm a freehand kinda guy LOL

Vellum

Hmm...I couldn't find any way to message you directly, so here you go!

Mylakar - Imgur

A way to contact you outside of the guild would be nice.
    But i am quite interested in this, it's always good to see people come back to D&D.

HawaiianDry You need to have 5 posts to be able to access the message links, at least I think its five, been awhile. In any case post up a couple of comments and you will have better site access. I'll take a look at the images, thanks for the link.

Vellum

Quote Originally Posted by TheArhive View Post
    A way to contact you outside of the guild would be nice.
    But i am quite interested in this, it's always good to see people come back to D&D.
    If you're on reddit, you can find me at /u/HawaiianDry. I've been playing all throughout the different editions, but sadly my own world got neglected right around the time the d20 system showed up. Thanks for your interest!

I'm interested in this. Contact me jon.pintar@hotmail.com

My maps.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your interest in the project. I'm currently messaging those who I'd like to commission. I was impressed with the level of skill here in this forum, and I'll be sure to keep you in mind for future art needs!