Thread: Harvest Moon (simple)

Default Harvest Moon (simple)

To anyone considering taking this request, thank you.

I'm in the process of making a semi-realistic Harvest Moon roleplaying game and for that, I need a map. Those of you familiar with the game will know there are certain requirements, but nothing's set in stone. All I really want is a map where I have a lot of freedom as a Game Master for future expansion and customization. But now, on to some details;

Subject

What I have in mind is a small to medium sized rural, coastal town. In addition to lots of open space and farmland, it needs to include a mountain/tall cliffs (perhaps overlooking the ocean) and at least one body of fresh water. The town itself doesn't need to have much detail apart from the layout of streets. The center point will be an open town square where large events can be held.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...um-d538kq2.png This is an almost perfect example of what I would like. Almost perfect in that I would need more space for farmland and expansion.

Style

See the link above.

Quality & Size

I don't care about minute details and frills. All I want is something functional and large enough to allow me a lot of freedom.

Time Constraints

There are no fixed time limits, but I am in a rush to get a map simply because I can't further the plot of my roleplay before I know what my layout will be like. So the sooner the better, but I won't be breathing down your neck if you decide to take my request.

Copyright

I literally couldn't give a damn. This is just for a roleplaying game, after all.

Contact Details

eyeofthewillow --at--gmail.com

I'll be eternally grateful to anyone who decides to pick this up. I realize unpaid commissions aren't very popular, but I'm hoping the fact that I don't want anything fancy will sway some favour my way.

I'd be happy to take a crack at your map if you're still interested - I've sent an email as well (I'm never sure of the best way to respond to requests).

It's such a wonderful surprise that someone responded so quickly. Thank you, yes, I got your email. Your examples are absolutely lovely. Both styles would work for me, although the side view, old-school city map would probably be closer to what I pictured in my mind.

I'm absolutely still interested. Is there any more information that you'll need?

Splendid splendid! And ty very much

I think I have all the information I need; it sounds like your requirements are pretty open as long as the coastal town is situated near some mountains/cliffs and a lake and is centered around a town square. I'll aim for a more hand-drawn-feeling isometric (side-view) map with plenty of surrounding farmland and room for the city to expand.

I'll get a draft of the city's layout and terrain done up and post that by the end of the week (or I can email you if that's easier - I'm not sure if I can send/receive PM's yet...), and depending on your edits/feedback I can likely finish the map within 1-2 weeks. Will that timetable work for you alright?

(also, if any other cartographers would like to jump in, do feel free - worst case scenario Merry Beary will have multiple maps to choose from)

I think you're right, at this point neither of us can PM - need 15 posts - so email is just fine by me. 1 - 2 weeks is just perfect for me. Thanks again.

One note, the town itself isn't very big. In it I can see maybe ... 4 or 5 large, large buildings and about 15 or so medium sized buildings. The smallest - houses and tiny stores - will be most common.

HOWEVER. I know basically nothing about maps so I totally trust your judgement when it comes to making it look right. I hope you have fun with the request~!