Hello cartographers,

I'd like to commission some maps, please. This is a personal project which may see publication in the future, but due to the madness of my life, that could be a good few years yet, and I don't have time to be learning Photoshop on top of it all...

Project Scope:
Series of maps to be used as author reference and planning tools. These may eventually be published in a companion volume to the book.

Setting:
An extrasolar planet. The world has a very small colony on it, but is otherwise uninhabited. It has been but visited in the past by scientific teams for research purposes, and several landmarks and points of historical interest for off-world visitors will need to be marked.

Design concept:
The story takes place between 75 and 700 years in the future, so the fonts, borders, etc., should be futuristic, clean and simple. However, as the world is largely unsettled, there is a lot of artistic free reign here. There are several features which are key to the story, but aside from those, I would bow to a cartographer’s superior knowledge of such things as geography.

Number of maps:
One projection of the entire planet.
One overview map of the two continents on which our story takes place.
One detail map of a large desert region.
One map of the colony and surrounding area.

Technical/formatting:
Full colour. I would like the best quality for printing. These will be printed off in full colour for reference purposes.

Copyright:
Copyright will remain with cartographer, but I would like to request that maps not be displayed to the public until the book is published. This could be 5 or 6 years away.
I would like to retain the right to reproduce the maps in the novel and companion book.

Deadline:
Very flexible. I’m still doing a lot more worldbuilding than writing. January?

Payment:
Please email me to discuss rates. etuntara--at--gmail.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.

kind regards,

Gren Janek