Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [WIP]: A new RPG World

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Wip [WIP]: A (more realistic) RPG World

Okay, I think it's a bad sign to stumble over a thread-line and to think 'well, you still haven't figured out the worlds name, have you?'. It'll come, but for now let's just work on the map itself. I mentioned it over here already. So, I just finished my last commissions and I have spare time to work more on my own stuff. I'll tackle the map I mentioned above - hopefully it'll have the more realistic look of a satellite map. Basics are in to show what is what. Next big thing will be the main mountains and the seas. Hope you like it so far.

And yes, it was mentioned to me that I put this on very little with about 1000x730px. I know, it'll be bigger when I got rid of all the little comments to help me. If you have suggestions, want to show me something or point something out: DO IT! I'm very happy about any type of comment. =)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web-Weltkarte-v227,1.jpg 
Views:	549 
Size:	260.9 KB 
ID:	66995
    Last edited by SteffenBrand; 09-03-2014 at 12:00 PM.

I have been working on my main world for years and still haven't decided on an overall name for it. I suppose everyone on it would just call it some local equivalent of "the world" or "the land".

I like the colours and how it looks. It's hard to see the details but the coastlines look very natural. I sometimes struggle to get mine looking natural.

Its looks good , I too didn't decide the world's name for a long time ... does the shape of the right continent resemble on purpouse Great Britain?

Nobody spotted Denmark ?

I used a lot of shapes i put together. The goal was to have realistic chunks of land regarding the coastline of each other nearby. Some shapes are more visible than others. You already mentioned England and Denmark, you probably didn't realize western parts of Mexico and some Greek isles. The only important thing as the shape of the coast which makes sense in the world I want to use it for - the land masses aren't oriented in any other way to the lands and were more or less the starting point. I changed rigorously what I don't need or wanted different. =)

I had this thought, too. Why should anyone name the world they live in with something else than 'the world' when this is the only thing they know...

Thanks for all the kind words. =)

Hi Steffen,

An interesting land-combination for sure!
    What i'd like to see now is a) a higher resolution of the map so that i can zoom in more and b) a short (or long ) post on the countries and style for this world.

Ja, ich bin eine neugierige Person Und ein enthusiastischer Rollenspieler
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Sure, I wanted to do this anyway in the near future. I already wrote some of it here (in German, luckily for you this isn't a problem).

Wunderbar, beides zusammen ist eine Kombination mit der RPG sicher Spaß macht =)
    Last edited by SteffenBrand; 08-31-2014 at 10:20 AM.

Hey you all! I recently studied basics about climate, winds and weather (mainly from here, but with additional other sources). This is the first time I'm doing this so there are probably some mistakes. I sketched in the largest / most important mountains, the climatic zones and the winds according to the infos I got from the link above. I'd be very happy if someone who understands more about this would check this for mistakes. Every input is really appreciated. =)

I made this for winter first, I guess the directions of the wind will change in summer. I also made the land/water gray so that you can read the infos easier.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web_weltkarte_227,d.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	67067

Whoa, I had this map placed at an entirely different latitude and size in my mind due to the familiar features.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast