Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palace of the Silver Princess Level 2

Post Palace of the Silver Princess Level 2

This is a reproduction ( Fan Art ) of the 2nd Lvl map for the 1st Ed Module Palace of the Silver Princess.
    It is at a bit lower resolution to fit on this forum.

If you want a higher resolution ( 1"=5' at 100 dpi ) the map is over 7 MB and can be downloaded from my gallery at Deviant Art

http://bogie-dj.deviantart.com/art/P...el-2-549899736

4 MB resolution:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Silver Princess2-LowRes-Med_bg.jpg 
Views:	657 
Size:	4.14 MB 
ID:	75008

All of the grey "Statues" are people who were all turned to stone at the same time by a powerful magic.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected NathanC's Avatar

I really like how you did the window and their shadows, they look awesome.

Beautiful map as always bogie and a great classic adventure

There's a lot going on in this map. I'm not familiar with the module you based this map on. What's going on in the sanctuary? Is this some sort of cult sacrifice ritual? Or is that a vampire at the alter? And whose blood is that on the congregation, theirs, or another victims? Anyway nice work on this.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Fantastic! Those poor lost souls forever staring out the windows with stony eyes… chilling!

cheers,
    Meshon

Thanks everyone, glad you like it.
    Anyone interested in seeing the lower level that goes with this?

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    There's a lot going on in this map. I'm not familiar with the module you based this map on. What's going on in the sanctuary? Is this some sort of cult sacrifice ritual? Or is that a vampire at the alter? And whose blood is that on the congregation, theirs, or another victims? Anyway nice work on this.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    This is module B3 Palace of the Silver Princess by Moldvay and Wells. It is different from most Adventures in that you enter through the dungeon and work your way up into the palace. The story is that a powerful curse has been placed on the palace and everyone that was in it at the time has been turned to stone. So all the "statues" are people. Several groups of evil creatures have entered the palace and are ransacking it. A group of bugbears thought it would be funny to pour blood all over everything in the Sanctuary / Chapel.

A lot of the older game module maps are very frustrating to turn into modern battlemaps but this was one of the better ones. Very few conflicts between what was written and what was on the maps. I have started another one and the first thing I run into is a room that is described as a "sitting room" containing 2 large divans, a loveseat, and a large chair. The actual size of the room as it is mapped is 4.5ft by 9.5 ft, hmmm maybe the divans are set up like bunkbeds?
    Last edited by Bogie; 08-16-2015 at 10:31 AM.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Anyone interested in seeing the lower level that goes with this?
    Oh yes! Yes yes yes yes!
    Although I have to admit, I don't know the Moldvay and Wells version. At some point in the mists of history, Wizards had a story about the troubled module up on their website, along with a pdf of the earlier Jean Wells module. I'll have to see if I can track down the green one. I'm tempted to try to get my VTT group together for a couple of sessions because your map is absolutely awesome.

Thank you, as always, for sharing your creations!

cheers,
    Meshon

Thanks Meshon,
    This was based on the Green cover second version and I think it is pretty well written, though I have never seen the orange cover one so I can't compare them.

There is a Wiki article about the whole "troubled module" issue. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palace...ilver_Princess

Here is the map for the 1st level. It is a lot larger map than the upper level so I had to reduce it to 50 DPI to get it on the Guild Forum.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SilverPrincess-Lvl-1-50dpi_bg.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	4.00 MB 
ID:	75399

I am always impressed by the amount of detail and work that you put into your maps Bogie.
    I spend a lot of time going through finding all the small details and items you add in. It's always impressive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast