Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forgotten Realms; Secomber; Existing Maps

It's a coastal city and I am only familiar with Waterdeep, Luskan and Calimport in that regard.
    The Ultimate 3 dimensional world of tactical military training and gameplay, puts creation at your fingertips with boundaries only restricted by your imagination.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic6217_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by savedbygrace View Post
    It's a coastal city and I am only familiar with Waterdeep, Luskan and Calimport in that regard.
    Secomber is not a coastal city, it sits on the banks of the Deliymber River and the Unicorn Run, while both rivers are navigable, the city is not near any coast line. Nor is it on a especially major trade route (not much goes up to Llorkh and that is essentially a dead end unless people try to brave The Black Road). Most of the trade takes the southern route down south through Daggerford and on to Scornubel to reach the Western Heartlands.

So yes it is a sleepy little down, nearly on a dead end though it does command a geographically but not economically important position at the confluence of two major rivers.

Though the map linked in the earlier post is referred to in at least one other site as "Secomber", the description of it being astride the two rivers, on 3 seperate hills does not seem to fit the map provided.

Yes, my comment was directed toward that map in the previous post, not Secomber. I apologize if the comment confused anyone.
    The Ultimate 3 dimensional world of tactical military training and gameplay, puts creation at your fingertips with boundaries only restricted by your imagination.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic6217_1.gif

Ah sorry I need to work on my critical reading skills You're correct of course. I wonder what city that map IS of. I've asked Markustay but haven't gotten any answer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12