Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forgotten Realms; Secomber; Existing Maps

Help Forgotten Realms; Secomber; Existing Maps

Hey folks,
    Just as the title indicates, I am searching for an existing map of the city of Secomber of Fae-Run. I've attempted several searches of the web for any maps and info on the town and very little seems to be mentioned of it, outside the Forgotten Realms Wiki. I was going to attempt my own version but didn't want to create any conflicts with existing visions. Can anyone help in this matter?
    The Ultimate 3 dimensional world of tactical military training and gameplay, puts creation at your fingertips with boundaries only restricted by your imagination.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic6217_1.gif

Guild Adept Facebook Connected xpian's Avatar
    Golden Gate Park Panhandle, San Francisco

Someone at this link: Loudwater: Secomber has sketched out a map of Secomber. Based on what, I do not know. WARNING: slightly NSFW picture on same page.

I don't think TSR or WotC has ever commissioned a map of Secomber. I couldn't see one in any edition of D&D going all the way back. Knowing a little about Ed Greenwood, I have no doubt that he has a Letter-sized page with a pencil sketch on it of the village, but I don't know him well enough to ask him for it.

Here is what has been said of this little stopover village on the road near the dangerous moors:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-09-03 at 11.44.08 PM.png 
Views:	620 
Size:	432.7 KB 
ID:	67115
    AND

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-09-03 at 11.46.43 PM.png 
Views:	538 
Size:	721.6 KB 
ID:	67116
    _*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Open to cartographic commissions. Contact me: christian [at] stiehl.net
    christianstiehl.com

Haha oh man that picture of Dr. Crusher had me laughing. "A devout priestess of the Green Regent pictured here... naked."

Wow, that sketch looks to be more of an arithmetic problem gone horribly to ruin. Not at all what I pictured in my own mind. Thanks for the share of those 2 documents. I read about halfling occupancy but knew nothing of their hillside estates.
    The Ultimate 3 dimensional world of tactical military training and gameplay, puts creation at your fingertips with boundaries only restricted by your imagination.

This should be the guild's monthly challenge for September: map the village of Secomber, in whatever manner you see fit!

christianstiehl.com

It's not on my Forgotten Realms interactive atlas.

I personally would love to see a great map of Secomber, as would many fans of the Forgotten Realms.

If the guild would like to make the village of Secomber a future challenge, I'd be happy to write up a description of what is known about the village, building on lore found elsewhere than what was printed above.

--Eric

The description lists it as a sleepy village.....decades or even centuries gone by. Being that it is a major hub that accommodates not only a primary caravan route but a tremendously sprawling playground of adventure that encompasses it about on all sides, I can not imagine how growth would not flourish. Burial mounds of ancient architecture, being joined with newly mined red granite from the nearby quarry could produce a unique city scape.
    Tis a beauty indeed.

Possible Secomber map. Can you help identify it?

When I looked for Secomber maps earlier, I found only a low-res preview image of this map. Searching again, I've now found a slightly better version of it. It's quite a nice map, and I like the style of it, but I don't know its provenance. Is it an official Secomber map? Is it a map of another town that the people of this Wiki just repurposed? I also don't *quite* recognize the style...not enough to take a good guess at the illustrator who made it. I'm wondering if anyone here knows the answers to these questions.

Looking at the map closely, it doesn't particularly resemble the descriptions of the village in the canonical literature.

Link: https://rise-of-the-fallen-god.obsid...s/secomber-map

Name:	Secomber-1.JPG 
Views:	421 
Size:	116.9 KB 
ID:	69594

christianstiehl.com

There's no way that's a map of Secomber. It does look vaguely familiar, but I can't place it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast