This will be an eastern european town, a small part of which is fortified, the rest will be just a large number of burgage plots gathered around 1 or 2 streets. The central part is formed by a small "castle", which actually ist just a group of houses gathered around a college with a large romanesque-gothic collegiate church, surrounded by a palisade on an embankment, and maybe a moat, too.
There will certainly be another church, the town's parish church, and probably another monastery, too.

The whole town will be drawn as a street plan first, and that being finished, i'll try to draw a 3D view of it.

Now, for the start, i've begun the project with drawing the plan of the "castle", so here it is:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14951375527_b284807655_c.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	223.4 KB 
ID:	67119

I also made a coloured plan to show the elements of greater importance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15137918375_e2781fc09c_c.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	232.8 KB 
ID:	67120

The big red building is the collegiate church, the other red ones or the buildings that belong to the college.

The yellow areas mark the burgage plots, hence the privately owned areas of the "castle".

The light green buildings are stone houses, the dark green buildings are privatley owned tower houses, often on the same plots as the stone houses.

The blue buildings are gatehouses.

That's it for the first part; updates will come soon...