Thread: A lurker speaks...

Praise A lurker speaks...

Hi - I admit that been lurking these boards for the past couple of weeks, completely benefiting from everyone's experience and truly fabulous advice/artwork/links, etc...

I figured I should probably step forward and introduce myself. I'm about to finish my first map, and it's sub-par to be certain, but I may post it up to get people's advice - so you may hear from me again soon.

Anyway, my name is Niniane, and I live in Austin, Texas. I work full-time as a Computer Tech, am married and have an 11 year old daughter. I'm DM'ing my first campaign as we speak. It is a truly hilarious campaign (for me at least) since I'm the only girl in the group, the only one who has never DM'd before and am DM'ing for 7 (yes, seven) 30-something guys... Oh, that and the fact that my entire campaign is inspired by a series of trashy romance novels. They have no idea, and are completely loving it. It is the best joke I've played on them in years and I can't wait until the campaign is over to tell them.

That's about it really - Hi to all, and thank you so much for all your wonderful posts - I've learned so much already!

- Nini

Blog Entries

Hi Ninane,

Welcome. I had a campaign going a long time ago with guys and one was a bit, well, over confident shall we say. I put in a huge burly female barbarian who fancied his character to slap him on the butt etc. Well, he took it well and his character married her. Stitched me up proper he did as the barbarian lady would always fight for him and she was built deliberately strong.

Still, we had many months of adventures getting wedding presents out of the party. No easy to find cheap toasters would do...

Had several other characters marry too. Romance was an interesting and useful part of the campaign though it was an exit of adventuring for one pair.

Guild Journeyer

Austinites represent! I'm in Liberty Hill.

Welcome aboard.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome aboard Niniane!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild, Ninane. I hope you have a great time DMing. I look forward to seeing some of your work.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Welcome to the Guild niniane
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave