Thread: The Old and New

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip The Old and New

Most of these are old... about a year to be rough, some two or three but I can't honestly remember. They were made after I discovered I could draw with a mouse in PS, instead of colouring in sketches with pencil. I've a few more than these, but they're a little on the terrible/simple side due to my laziness. ^^'
    Anyway, these maps were all made for RP forums I've ran over the years with help from a friend. And I seriously can't do villages/towns/cities... Hence my lazy dots of colour. >.>
    (Oh, and they're fairly large... guess it'd be fair to warn about that).

Entirely in Photoshop:
    Map of Edris
    Lythia and Theydane

Sketches coloured in Photoshop:
    Liotre
    Jarnseaxa

I'm currently working on a map at the moment, but I've hit a mega-milestone. I was hoping to learn what I need to improve on first before continuing. If anyone wants, I'll grab a screenshot of what I have so far...

I like the Jarnsaexa map. Nice blend of colours. I think it would be better to place the locations, towns and labels on the map though - rather than the multitude of numbers liberally strewn across the map. Unless they're supposed to be a secret :p
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

The numbers were down to the fact I had no idea what to call each place... And also due to my phobia of attempting to sketch buildings.
    I think that maps the oldest of all of them there. Despite that though, I think I spent the most time on it.
    I've been trying to find my sketch so I can recolour it without the number's massacring it.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

If you do find it, don't recolor it...that color rocks! Looks like a great parchment that's been faded and stained. As far as the numbers go, I do that as well, just put numbers down until I come up with cool names. Keep up the good work.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Apprentice

I, too, really like the style of Jarnseaxa. The color and texture is just awesome, really great.