Ok, so I am a software developer in some means of the words, but I have never worked with C/C++ directly. The situation is that I just got a new laptop with Vista 64 Bit. Gimp installs without a problem and is usable, Python installs with no problem. However, the Python binary libraries won't install, PyCairo, etc. So, that means no PyScripts for my GIMP enjoyment. While not a deal breaker, I would love to get it going so I can get back up to what I had with my old computer (work machine.) on my new machine (personal.)

So... what I was wondering was if anyone had built the GIMP stuff from source who might be able to help me out. While I have no problem with doing whatever work is required, as I said, I don't know didly about c/c++, so help would have to include getting and setting up a free compiler that would do the job.

On a side note, there is a project (http://gimp-vs.sourceforge.net/) to build GIMP in Visual C++ and host binaries all with python support pre bulit in(I assume that means one exe file to install will load everything, but not sure). Sadly, this project seems to be on hold for a while. I hope they fix this soon and that it would fix my problems, but with few updates on the site, I won't hold my breath. Of course, if no one here can help me, then I might just have to wait.