Thread: September 2014 Challenge: Cartographers' Toolbox

Default September 2014 Challenge: Cartographers' Toolbox

A late entry, but, I will try to make a quick WIP out of it anyway for the last days of the challenge.

This is going to be a what I would call a simple "Cartographers' Toolbox" – as the title implies – that includes all one might need to make a basic, and yet a artistically appealing map. As you can see from this first draft the layout of my entry will be a presentation of the tools, as well as a presentation of how they might look when added to a map. Like always, all hand drawn with traditional medium and then scanned.

Cheers!

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cartographerstoolbox.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	370.5 KB 
ID:	67594

A quick update, the draft of the image with a added light texture. Now it's time to go digital and color!

cheers

Name:	cartographerstoolbox.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	463.4 KB 
ID:	67617

Nice work Tainotim.
    I assume the six elements on the left are the entries and the map on the right will be to show how you use them. Good way to present this.

Thanks Bogie. You are exactly right in that assumption

Another update! Colored most of what I want colored, however, I'm very undeceive what to do with the mountains. What remains are some touches here and there and some color to the frame, hopefully I will have time to finish before the deadline tomorrow evening. Being hangover on the day I had scheduled to work on this was a major mistake on my behalf

Cheers!

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	carographerstolbox tes 1t.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	212.7 KB 
ID:	67763