Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dwarvenhome for a D+D adventure next month, everyone is invited

I used to do that with Maptools, they call it Fog of War. There is a GM view that is dark but visible and a Players mode where the dark is opaque.

What browser do you use Chick? I use Firefox and I never have a problem posting. I suspect Google Chrome might cause some problems.

Banned User

I use IE, but as I posted in the Tech thread, when it was stuck, I tried FF and Chrome and both gave the same error.

I'll check out the Maptools thingy, thanks

Praise

Nice map chick!
    Love the old school monsters and feel, and yet an updated design.
    Thanks for sharing!
    --Ron--

Banned User

In case anyone reads this later and cares, one of my players had a great way to conceal and incrementally uncover the map as they explored.

I opened a whole bunch of blank Notepad files and just resized them to fit over each room, then moved or closed the file when the room was to be revealed. Primitive, but it really worked well.

Blog Entries

Yeah, MapTools, Roll20, FAntasy Grounds, OpenRPG/Traipse, and Gametable are all nice pieces of software, but they require learning the systems and getting everyone on board with using them.

It sounds as though this was a "gaming today map" however

Nice looking map chick!

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    In case anyone reads this later and cares, one of my players had a great way to conceal and incrementally uncover the map as they explored.

I opened a whole bunch of blank Notepad files and just resized them to fit over each room, then moved or closed the file when the room was to be revealed. Primitive, but it really worked well.
    I did something similar with the "shapes" function in PowerPoint. I'd delete the shape to unveil the map! Like you said, primitive, but whatever works!!!
    --Ron--

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post

If you use any kind of painting tool that supports masking or layering (e.g. Photoshop), it is trivial to hide or reveal areas of a map.

I use my own VTT, that supports concealment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12