Just wanted to say hello and whatnot -- I'm a longtime gamer, had this closeted love for old maps since I can't remember when, and now I'm trying to settle down and get some stuff outta my head.

I figure that the best way to design a world is to take something you love -- be it an idea, a place, a person, a moral, a story, whatever -- and build the world to fit it. Tolkien had his Elven language, right?

So my most recent ... "thing" ... has been cities. I'll probably be poking my nose into posts that talk about city design, building structure, urban demographics, that kind of thing and then posting some ideas and maybe some scans onto the site.

I'm currently without a computer, as my laptop has developed a 1-in-7 motherboard issue that's being repaired by HP up in Tennessee as we speak, so I'll be posting and searching about via work computer for a while. Also, since we're talking about technology, I'll go ahead and say this: most of my stuff will more than likely be ink and paper, at least until I can get my laptop and software back. I used to build houses, and am a photographer now: thus creation of something by my own hands greatly appeals to me.

Yeah, so there you have it ...