Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need sifi colony floorplans.

Post need sifi colony floorplans.

I hate to make a request on my first day but lord I need saving... I'm starting a hard-si-fi campaign. unfortunately the guys i play with wanted us to start 4e with some of our other friends so I stopped working on the si-fi campaign. then friday they decided they would rather do the si-fi... bastards, lol. so i'm sure I can get the story and every thing put together in time (enough for this week anyway) but I'm stuck for map/floorplans.

they will be on a planetary colony made from "building block" units. so I need floor plans for the following modules- habitation, communal, science (large and small), as well as a space elevator(top and bottom). it doesn't need to be professional quality but something nice enough to use in multiple campaigns would be preferable. we won't be using miniatures so size isn't to important. though it would be nice if it were formatted to be easily printable.

as for copy rights, I only want the right to use it for my own campaigns. you keep any other rights.

oh, unfortunately i don't have any funds free at this time or i would be happy to give you a bit.

oh, and the game starts tonight at 7:30-8:00 mountain time (gmt-7)

no hard feelings if i'm asking to much

Yeah, I could totally do stuff along that line if I knew about it before hand
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Had i known about this site at the time i probably would have, heh.
    alas I was pointed here just last night when i was talking to a friend about my situation. which is doubly sad as I like what is going on here.

Post In the manner of tiles...

Oh, I might whip out 10 to 12 Sci-Fi Tiles that would work like my Dungeon Tiles for this month's entry. Can't be ready for today/last night's game, but I could have something ready for you by mid-week.

While looking for more textures for my recent mapping, I've been finding lots that I'd qualify as Sci-Fi textures and only downloaded a few. But I know where they can be found, so I'll grab them.

And I can make a few Sci-Fi map objects too, just a few anyway.

I'd say its a worthwhile commercial project too, so I might go on and complete this tile and object set in the next couple weeks. But I'll send my first pieces for your use, Stahd.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Oh, I might whip out 10 to 12 Sci-Fi Tiles that would work like my Dungeon Tiles for this month's entry. Can't be ready for today/last night's game, but I could have something ready for you by mid-week.
    GP
    That would be mega sweet! thanks! i figured 12 hours was way too short notice to actually have something..
    but I can can scribble some stuff out as we go this week (something i hate to do)
    and maybe try to delay their arrival at the colony till next week

Wip Tile experiment...

So I decided to play around and see what I could whip up for a first tile. I can already see that I am much more comfortable with fantasy and historical fantasy genres, as well as even post-apocalyptic versus high science fiction. I don't have enough objects or even ideas of what to do for objects... but... here's my first tile attempt.

The Powerplant tile.

GP

PS: once I get a few tiles and objects created, I will post these in the Sci-Fi WIP forum, instead of here - I was just posting an example. So what do you think? (I'm not terribly happy with it, myself.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	powerplant.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	761.4 KB 
ID:	6182  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

looks good. that's a hundred times better than what i could have made myself wit my current tools and a thousand times better than impromptu scribblings midgame...

GP -

I like the cast concrete texture you used...hits the nail on the head. Not so sure about the item in the SW...looks like something from a Geiger universe.

The sad reality (I get to the occasional power plant) is that modern everything in an industrial environment just seems to be contained in a big grey box...SO just draw a bunch of big, grey, chamfered boxes and you wouldn't be far off

And lots of yellow/black striped caution markers (on the ground, on things that bump out, etc.)...
    -Rob A>

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    GP -

The sad reality (I get to the occasional power plant) is that modern everything in an industrial environment just seems to be contained in a big grey box...SO just draw a bunch of big, grey, chamfered boxes and you wouldn't be far off
    -Rob A>
    ha ha, true enough

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast