Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Altdorf map (Warhammer)

Will you listing the main buildings on the map or in the key? Or a mix maybe? I mean, you probably have the place to name the big buildings on the map, but hardly the others.

Not sure yet. I think Ill settle with having rivers, streets and districts on the map. Probably.

- Some colour adjustments
    - Added districts and numbers
    - Added some details (blocks, yards, locations etc)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	altdorfv3.61.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	442.4 KB 
ID:	68785

It's looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    It's looking good!
    Thanks! Hopefully Ill be able to finish it before 2015

Great work. I like the combination of more realistic coloring in general and combined with more noticable coloring of iconic buildings.

-Havard

Guild Novice

Awesome!

I noticed the street pattern is grid-like: there are no dead-end streets, or dank alleys to get ambushed in. Seems like one could just cut across the entire city from one end to the other, with little obstacle.

Quote Originally Posted by ConradB View Post
    Awesome!

I noticed the street pattern is grid-like: there are no dead-end streets, or dank alleys to get ambushed in. Seems like one could just cut across the entire city from one end to the other, with little obstacle.
    Thanks.

Well, there are alleys and dead ends. The only part of the map thats more or less done is the district named Niederhofen. You could find quite some allyes and backyards there. And, since this is a pretty big city, I imagine there are lots of smaller pathways between buildnings, but too small to be seen on a map of this scale.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by gyldenstern View Post
    Thanks.

Well, there are alleys and dead ends. The only part of the map thats more or less done is the district named Niederhofen. You could find quite some allyes and backyards there. And, since this is a pretty big city, I imagine there are lots of smaller pathways between buildnings, but too small to be seen on a map of this scale.
    Yes, I can see those. One thing to remember about city streets (depending on your tech level - I know nothing about Warhammer - heretic, I know ) is the service alleys round the backs of houses. If you think of all those rows of terraced houses in, say, Victorian England - there was usually a back gate into a service lane, which is where the night soil carts would come, and the garbage men etc, and one lane would service two rows of houses, back to back. A lot of them are still there, though modern sewage has removed the need for the night soil men! In the newer estates, where total plumbing was installled from the get go, these lanes and alley's don't exist.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Cirias's Avatar

Great map. Warhammer has some of my favourite fantasy cities, Altdorf being one of them. You should take on Marienburg next

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast