Thread: Hi There

Post Hi There

I am a Mom of two boys who loves the world of cartography. I found this site by surfing around. My background is art and from an early age I have always had an affliction for drawing, and drafting. Don't get me an art supply store, I will never come out! I have my BA in Interior Design and my favorite part about college was drawing! I also love maps and whenever I get the chance when I am reading LOTR I have to look at the maps and study them. Give me an old mariner's map anyday!

it is good to have another cartographer here with similar interests in drawing! If you want to try making your own, you can try a free trial of Fractal Terrains Pro, or read various tutorials on making maps using diffusion clouds in GIMP or Photoshop.

Post Welcome, Kpadua!

Welcome, Kpadua! You have indeed found a place for lovers of maps and cartography. Have you created any kind of maps, hand-drawn or otherwise? We would dearly love to see them.

Look in our software forums - there are lots of tools for creating maps, some dedicated to mapping only, some as vector or raster imaging editors that will let you create most anything. Many users here are hand-drawn artists, some using a digitizing tablet replicate hand-drawn work digitally. There are many options for the potential cartographer. Many applications are free - GIMP, Inkscape, etc.

Anyway, I think you really found a gem in this site - visit often, post questions and especially post maps so we can praise, critique and guide you to better mapping!

Again, welcome!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Welcome to the Guild. Much to see here!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Welcome to the Guild. The others have said it all - looking forward to seeing your maps! Most of us have no formal art training, so it would be lovely if you could comment on other people's WIPS from that point of view. Enjoy your stay!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post Thanks for the replies.

I will try and post when I can and try to view as much as I can! Unfortunately I don't have any maps to post. I wish I did. I have other art such as pencil drawings, and graphic floor plans. I have a strong interest as well in Calligraphy and practice when I can. I would like to start a map project and eventually post it! It will definitely be a work in progress. It's great to know that there is specific areas of interest in the guild. How exciting is that!