Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: September 2008 Entry: Archean League

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    I took everyone's suggestions into account, and fixed the mountains. I like these much better, more in line to the existing terrain and forests.
    Only problem now is that the hills look odd. Before you had the mountains using the same style as the hills, and a textured forest. Now you've gone for the contoured mountains it sort of jars with the hill symbols. Oh well, it's still a great map.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    This map definitely demonstrates why you have a grey username here hehehe.
    You mean the colours mean something? And here was I thinking it was just to make the board look pretty.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

It's great job GP (as usual). But I agree with Valarian, I think the hills need to be changed to match the same top-down perspective as everything else.

But it's your map and if you like them that way that's OK too.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post Yeah, I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    It's great job GP (as usual). But I agree with Valarian, I think the hills need to be changed to match the same top-down perspective as everything else.

But it's your map and if you like them that way that's OK too.
    Yeah, as soon as I typed "I'm completely done!" - I really started to think about those hills. The hills worked before I placed the top down mountains. So I'll fix the hills to be small top-downs, and finish this map once and for all.

Thanks for the praise everyone - I've seen some old maps that inspired the text labeling at the points of interest.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Thanks for the praise everyone - I've seen some old maps that inspired the text labeling at the points of interest.
    That is defintely a nice twist/touch...whatever you want to call it.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Valarian View Post
    You mean the colours mean something? And here was I thinking it was just to make the board look pretty.
    Gold = Admin
    Blue = Community Leader
    Grey = Industry Professional
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Map Replaced the hills, done!

OK, done, done and done - finally!

I replaced the hills with top downs that match the mountains. Added two more labels. I'm not gonna touch this again - done!

GP

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	september-map-final.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	6336  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Gold = Admin
    Blue = Community Leader
    Grey = Industry Professional
    Damn! The names are color! I never noticed that before. Hmm.. I wanna different color name... is there a reason for another category of color that I might fill? heh....
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Marvelous ... you are done right?? i mean ... it's only the 4th! .... you better make sure before you run out of time and the challenge is up

outstanding piece of art GP ... you allow something for us little folk to strive for...

I have to say I rather liked the original mountains quite a bit. There may have been a few to many stroke lines on them, but I really liked the way they were laid out. For me, the only thing wrong with the mountains is what someone else pointed out, that they forests were overhead and that and the side view mountains did not work well together.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    Damn! The names are color! I never noticed that before. Hmm.. I wanna different color name... is there a reason for another category of color that I might fill? heh....
    What do I have to do to get Imperial Purple! Just the colour to befit my megalomanic tendencies.
    ... Valarian, Resident Megalomaniac

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    I have to say I rather liked the original mountains quite a bit. There may have been a few to many stroke lines on them, but I really liked the way they were laid out. For me, the only thing wrong with the mountains is what someone else pointed out, that they forests were overhead and that and the side view mountains did not work well together.
    Me too ... but it's still a nice map and the hills do now go with everything else.
    Last edited by Valarian; 09-04-2008 at 03:16 PM.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast