Thread: Interested in creating adventure maps for Worldspinner?

Default Interested in creating adventure maps for Worldspinner?

The Worldspinner project includes RPG adventures, from the classic dragon lairs to temple complexes to palaces. In addition to developing the written content in-house, we are commissioning stories and adventures from well-known fantasy authors and game designers.

As those start rolling in, we would like to add a few small-scale maps to better illustrate them. A typical example would be a subterranean lair, at 1/4" : 5 feet scale, approximately half-page (8" x 6"). These may be done freehand or with your software of choice as long as the end result looks professional, attractive, and is not encumbered by any licensing restrictions. Style should be similar to maps in RPG modules, but of course that does provide some artistic range.

Our goal is to keep this efficient; as there will be a number of such maps, the cost per each needs to be modest. You would also get credit, of course, and bragging rights. Worldspinner would need the right to use the image for commercial purposes; the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his or her portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain. For the current batch of adventures, we would need maps created during November, December, and January.

If you're interested in discussing this further, please drop me an email: darren (at) worldspinner.com and include an example or two of your work.

For more information on Worldspinner please see the Kickstarter at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...r-and-map-make

Has this add been taken? If not, is it still active? If not, I'll archive it.

Guild Applicant

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Has this add been taken? If not, is it still active? If not, I'll archive it.
    I apologize if I am breaking any forum rules by resurrecting this thread, so please let me know if I am! I work alongside WorldspinnerDG at Worldspinner.com, and we're looking for artists who may be interested in freelance work creating maps for us. Should I post that detaii here, or create a new thread?

Thanks!

Banned User

I would recommend a new thread with as much detail as you can give.

Guild Applicant

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    I would recommend a new thread with as much detail as you can give.
    Will do, thanks!